Chapter Three

Chapter Three (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist hereâ

"Anyone can make you happy by doing something special. But only someone special can make you happy without doing anything." - Pinterest

Tristan's POV

Alone and left out.

Oftentimes, I felt that way since I was a kid.

Mom got married and had a baby girl. Dad got married too and had a baby boy. They were even now. The battle ended. Both won and ended happy.

"He's so adorable and looks like you, Richard." Marilyn, my dad's new wife said, craddling her new baby boy, while half lying on bed.

I don't like Marilyn. I hate her. She scolded me all the time - even hurt me when nobody's looking. And when dad was around, she was as sweet as a candy. She reminded me of the wicked stepmothers in Disney movies.

Dad insisted that I should call her mom, but I refused. I had only one mom. Although she left me, at least she was kind and caring.

"I think he looks like Tristan." Dad said looking at me. I was sitting at the foot of their huge bed in the master's bedroom - feeling so uneasy. I felt like I didn't belong there, like I was not part of their family.

"Of course not, darling. Kobe's eyes are hazel green like yours... and his hair are golden brown." She rolled her eyes and her lips twisted. I knew she hated the sight of me. She said I looked like my mom,  especially my blue eyes.

 She said I looked like my mom,  especially my blue eyes

Dad laughed and summoned me closer. "Come Tristan. Look at Kobe. You were once like him, so tiny and cute." He patted my dark brown hair and pulled me on his lap.

I stared at the baby. Dad was right. He was so tiny. His hands were so small and wrinkled and his skin was so red. I looked at his tummy. He was breathing so fast and he was always sleeping. I wondered if he was okay.

I wanted to touch him, to feel his small hands and feet. But I was afraid that Marilyn would be angry. On second thought, maybe she wouldn't because dad was here.

I reached out and touched the baby's hand. Marilyn abruptly jerked the baby away and that made him cry.

"Oh, look what you've done. You startled him. Shhh.... Baby Kobe, it's okay, mommy's here. I wont let Tristan hurt you. He's a bad boy." Marilyn said sweetly and melodically, like she was just teasing me. She was so good on it . If dad wasn't here, I would be scolded and slapped.

"Hahaha. Kobe easily cries. You know Tristan, when you were a baby, you seldom cries. Your nannies never had a hard time taking care of you." Dad said.