Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here--

"If you like her, if she makes you happy, and if you feel like you know her---then don't let her go." Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle

Tristan's POV

Dammit! This traffic is driving me crazy.

I checked the time in my watch. It was almost ten o'clock. The wedding would start in a few minutes now.

Thanks goodness. The cars started moving and after fifteen minutes, I finally arrived at St. Patrick Cathedral – a Neo-Gothic-style Roman Catholic cathedral church in the United States and a prominent landmark of New York City.

I slammed my car's door, then straightened my gray tuxedo.

I hate weddings. I don't attend weddings. It's just a full of shit that a man and a woman vow to each other – loyalty, obedience, devotion and eternal love. What a crap. After the honeymoon, they forget all their promises and start shouting at each other. In less than two years, they'll end up having divorce and fighting for custody of their child.

My cousin, Eros knew how allergic am I in this kind of event. I'm sure he's having a great time laughing at me now, as well as his best friend, Iñigo Monteiro.

The church was already full when I arrived: Famous socialites, rich businessmen, sheikhs and royal families coming from different continents – who arrived just to attend the wedding.

Despite of the big crowd, the first person that caught my eye was Stella. She was so beautiful in peach dress, sitting silently in the corner of one of the pews - with her parents. I didn't understand why she was always with her parents. She wouldn't leave their shadows when she was in public.

I need to talk to her. Later. She's responsible why I have this terrible temper since the last time we saw each other. It affects everyone. My job, my employees, the people that surrounds me, my businesses and even my dog rocky.

I hurried and joined the entourage. Shit! I came face to face with Xander Valiente, Stella's brother and my sister Mia's ex-boyfriend. What the hell. He was also one of the groomsmen. Damn Eros! I should have checked on the wedding invitation.

"Hey man." Xander extended his hand for a handshake. I wanted to be rude and punch him senseless, but for the sake of Stella and Mia, I have to be civil with this man.

I shook his hand briefly.

"Sorry about what happened the last time." Xander Valiente said.

I just nodded at him and checked the time. It was already ten o'clock. I wondered why the wedding haven't started yet.

"I talked to Mia."

"I know."

"She's an amazing woman. I love her."

"I know."

"I'm going to marry her."

"I know." The thought of Mia marrying, made me feel sad and lonely. I felt like I was losing her.

"Is that what you're going to say to me? I know... I know... I'm going to be your brother in law, man."

"I know." My eyebrows furrowed. What the hell did he want me to say? He got my sister already. He won!