Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here--

"We all fall in love. One way or another. We hold back or go head first. Love brings out the best in us but also brings out the worst. Maybe just maybe... Well find that one special person who makes us do all those things and more." ― Madison Camilleri

Tristan's POV

*Wellington, New Zealand

I was having a meeting with the workers of my dairy farm - in the barn when my cellphone rang. Damn it. I forgot to turn my phone into silent mode.

"Excuse me." I took my phone in my pant's pocket and checked the caller. It was my cousin, Eros.

I went outside and my dog, Rocky tagged along with me.

"Eros."

"Hello cousin." Eros replied.

""I'm in the middle of an important meeting. Whatever you want to say, say it fast man."

"Sorry to bother you, Tristan. I just want to let you know that I'm getting married in a month!"

I felt numb. Like the world suddenly shattered into pieces.

"You're getting married in a month?" I repeated his words, making sure that I heard him right.

"Yes, man. Haha!" The excitement in Eros voice was so evident. It was obvious that he was very happy in getting married to Stella. Does he love her? Are they in love with each other?

Jealousy. Rage and sudden misery. The emotions I felt was so hard to bear. I didn't know what was happening to me. Eros' news of getting married was a very bad news to me, like I was going to attend a funeral, instead of a wedding.

"Why so soon?" I asked. I didn't like the thought of Eros and Stella getting married. Living together and having kids. It disgusted me.

"Why not?" He replied. "Anyway man, I'm expecting you this Saturday, okay? It's our engagement party. Be here in New York."

"No. I don't think so. We're going to launch our new commercial aircraft."

"Okay. But make sure you'll be in our wedding. You're my bestman."

"No way man. Pick anyone else, not me."

"You're the closest cousin that I got."

"Why don't you pick Iñigo. He's your best friend."

"I cant. I was his bestman on his wedding. It could be bad luck."

"I'm sorry man, I can't. I don't want to be anyone's bestman. I hate weddings."