Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here—

"Love is like a wind. You can't see it, but you can feel it." - from: A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks

Tristan's POV

*** Wellington, New Zealand

"Excuse me sir, Mr. Xander Valiente is on the line." My secretary said over the intercom.

Xander Valiente. He'd got a nerve to call me after what he did to my sister. If he was sensible, he should hide his damn face from me. I was capable of murdering him at the moment.

"Tell him I'm in a meeting."

"Yes, sir."

"And Leah, if he calls again, tell him I'm out of the country."

"Um... okay sir. I'll do that."

Now that Mia was slowly recovering from the accident, there was no way that I would let Xander Valiente near her again. Over my dead body.

The following day, my secretary told me that Xander Valiente kept on calling the office asking to talk to me.

"He was asking for your sister sir. He wanted to know if she's here in New Zealand. This morning, he called again. He was angry when I won't give him your cellphone number. He said if he'll find out that you're hiding Mia, he'll make sure your life will be a living hell."

I smirked. Stupid asshole. He'd got a nerve to threaten me when I was the one who could sue him after what he did to my sister. He abandoned her while he was partying with his mistresses in Brazil. He treated Mia like one of his mistresses.

The following night, I was out for a date. I had dinner with Andrea Alonzo, a well known model in New Zealand. We just finished our meal and were getting to know each other well when Xander Valiente appeared in front of our table.

"Well... well... well. I thought you're out of town, Mr. Latsis."

My temper flared when I saw him. He was what I expected – the face of a player. Suave, neat and everything was in place. But I also noticed that he was a male version of Stella. Damn it.

"Mr. Valiente."

"Right. I've been calling you and you never returned my calls. You knew how desperate I was in seeing Mia."

"I'm a very busy man."

"Busy? HA!" He gave my date a malicious stare then focused his lashing eyes back at me.

"If you don't mind, we're having dinner here. Whatever you want to say, ask my secretary for an appointment tomorrow." I snapped at him.

"Bullshit!" His voice rose and I could sense the other diners in the restaurant observing us. "Where's Mia."

I stood up and faced him squarely. "Look. I don't know where Mia is."

"I know you're hiding Mia. Where is she. I need to talk to her." He was raising his voice now. I could smell alcohol on him. He was drunk.

"Hey. Come on. Let's talk outside." I raised my hand and signalled to my date to wait for me.

Xander Valiente followed me outside. The moment we were alone, I turned to him.

"Where's Mia." He asked again.

"I told you. I. DON'T. KNOW."

"You're her brother. She turns to you whenever she's in distress. Stop lying man, tell me where she is."