Chapter Five

Chapter Five (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here-

"The best feeling in the world is kissing someone for the first time, when you've really wanted to kiss them for a long time." --- from: Style Estate, Pinterest

Stella

Eight Years Earlier

I was so embarrassed that I wanted to cry. I hoped a UFO would arrive at that moment and a very bright sucking blue-ray light would appear and take me out of that situation.

Oh God, help me....

The kitchen lights turned on.

I ran to the kitchen sink and washed the facial mud mask off my face. I even used the dishwashing soap to remove the hardened mud out.

This is so humiliating, a deflated feeling. I grabbed a paper towel and wiped the water off my face.

I shyly turned around and saw Tristan already looking at me. My breath quickened and my cheeks became warm.

Tristan instantly laugh. He laughed out loud at me, bending over and holding the sides of his belly with his hands. He was gasping for breath because of uncontrollable laughter.

My embarrassment was immediately replaced with annoyance. How could he? He was laughing at me. Hmp!

"Will you stop laughing at me?"

"Oh God... I've never laughed so hard in my life... I couldn't help myself.... I've never seen anyone... looking so... ridiculous. You looked like one of the zombies in the Walking Dead TV series." He said, still laughing in between his words.

"Okay fine. I'm glad I entertained you. Goodnight." I snapped angrily at him then headed back to Mia's bedroom. The attraction I felt for him suddenly faded. A zombie, huh!

"Wait, Stella." He said, still laughing.

I was surprised that he knew my name. I faced him again - frowning.

"You know my name?"

"Who wouldn't? Mia kept on talking about you." He grinned then grabbed a chair behind a table and sat down.

"Really? Why?" I moved closer to the table and clasped my hands to the chair opposite to where he was sitting. His gaze immediately run over me in a leisurely sweep.

"She worships you. She talks a lot about you. How smart, rich, fashionable, talented and pretty you are. She thinks you're perfect."

PERFECT. Since birth, I was trying to achieve being a perfect daughter. It was what my parents molded me to be.

"Me? Perfect? That's funny."

"Yeah, it is. Perfect is boring." Tristan's eyes slitted.

Perfect is boring? Wait until my parents hear you say that!

I pleased my parents for being perfect. Polished, cultured and aristocrat with royal blood, who never went wrong in using a cutlery in any course.

"So, you're not vain?"

"Vain? Of course not. I have lots of flaws." I lied.

"Well, this will be a first time for me. I've never met an extremely rich girl who is not a supreme narcissist before." He drank his milk.