Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here-

"Love is a cycle. When you love, you get hurt. When you get hurt, you hate. When you hate, you try to forget. When you try to forget, you start missing... and when you start missing... you'll eventually fall in love again."

Tristan

"Where are you? Why the hell didn't you tell me that you moved out of the house!" I yelled over the phone.

"I'm sorry...."

"For Christ's sake, Mia. What is wrong with you?" I was so upset arriving this morning in our California mansion after four months of absense and finding my sister, Mia gone. Lance Stewart, my stepfather and Mia's biological dad was left in the house with the housekeepers. "I did everything for you and you're repaying me with this!"

"Tristan, let me explain."

"You should give me a good explanation young lady... I can't believe you did this to me. You even told Lance and the rest of the staffs here to keep this a secret from me, huh?"

"I'm really really sorry Tristan. It was just for a meantime... I... I'm going tell you... eventually... I'm just waiting for the right timing." Mia stammered.

"Right timing? HA! Where are you now? Tell me!"

"I... I... um... I... I'm still here in California... um... with Stella."

"Stella?" My tone mellowed down hearing Stella's name. I felt relieved. I thought she was with someone... a boy... a man... whatever... who would promise her the world, the sun, moon and the stars... and in the end, dump her.

Oh God! I was getting paranoid. I had weird imaginations on where Mia was right now. I couldn't accept the fact that she was growing up and moving out of my care. Yes, I was very protective of her - more than protective of her own father, Lance. I loved my little sister, and she was the only biological family that I've got.

"You don't have to move out when you're just staying here in California." I said to her. I couldn't help being suspicious all of a sudden. What the hell is she up to? And why keeping this a secret?

"I know... but I just want to be independent, do things on my own. I'm twenty one now Tristan and I want you to treat me like a grown up woman." She explained and sounding firm - like a mature woman.

I heaved a frustrated sigh. She was right. I was still treating her like she was twelve years old. I guess it was time to accept the fact that she was finally a woman.

"Okay... if that's what you want. But you should have told me before moving out. I feel bad that you're keeping this a secret from me."

"I'm sorry.... You are always so busy and I don't want to bother you... and... okay... to be honest, I was scared too. You know... you have a terrible temper."

"Terrible temper? You know me so well Mia, I just don't like people lying to me."

She was suddenly silent. I knew something's going on there. Then I heard a man's voice.

Damn it!

"Mia! I thought you're with Stella? Who is that?" I felt my blood rose suddenly going up to my head, flaring my temper.