rєѕcuє yoυ

I was at the bar chilling with my people. My boys was taking shots, but I decided to stay cool, and only take soda and water. I mean who was gonna drive the crew home?

"Aye man Imma go to the bathroom." I said.

All they did was nod. After the amount of shots they took, they could barely understand the words coming out my mouth.

The bathroom was right next to the bar. I stepped down the stairs, excusing myself to the dancing people.

That's when I saw her.

I didn't know what made her stand out to the other drunks and blondes in the room. But she did.

As I got closer to the bathroom, I noticed she was sipping on some gin. Pretty hard to take down for a petite girl like her. Something must be hurting her.

I approached the chair next to her and sat down.

"Lemme got a Coke."

She chuckled and I looked her way to see her returning the stare back. I was lost in a sea of brown. The color matching the brown highlights in her messy hair.

"Long day?" I asked her.

She gulped down the gin and nodded.

"Yup. Guy problems. Nothing you wanna talk about." She said roughly. The topic hurt her deeply. It was a gash that needed some stiching. And it needed it quickly.

"Well I have all night. Let yourself go." I said sipping on my coke.

She spoke of her boyfriend. Well ex-boyfriend.

She broke up with him because, well from what she told me, a douchebag. Basically a dick. The pain inside her voice was so clear. Anyone could tell. She thought he was different. But she was let down. And here she is.

"Lonely heart sitting at the bar...Imma try to save you from his flames."

She looked at me, this time studying my face as much as she can in the dim light. That's when her eyes widen and then she started to smile.

"The Weeknd huh?"

"Yeah that's me. How you know?"

"Well with a name like that on YouTube, I think you should be pretty known." She put her glass to the side, and put a $20 bill next to it. She gave me a smile and went out the exit of the bar.

You can't let her go.

I got outside the crowd and left out the front door, looking outside for her. But she seemed to disappear.

"Looking for me I see." I turned and she popped out of an alley. I noticed she was wearing what seemed like punk rock clothes. But with a soft side.

"Let me fill his shoes..." I walked up to her, and let my fingers touch her soft skin. It looked too fragile under my touch.

"No more tears running down your face."

Her face was flushed, and she slowly removed my fingers from her cheek.

"Well I know your stage name. What's your real name?" She asked.

"Abel. Yours?"

She nodded and smirked.

"Valerie."

Valerie...so perfect...the way it rolled off her tongue.

"Can I have your number?" I asked.

She smirked and chuckled.

"Sure."

We exchanged numbers and she left. Down the same alley she popped out of.

Valerie...Valerie...

------

·XO Till We Overdose·