тнє ĸnowíng

|·A Month Later·|

"C'mon Abel you gotta think of something. This album is suppose to drop the beginning of November. It's September and you still haven't thought of the last bonus song."

Jeremy has been on my case about this song. And to be honest at this moment, I wasn't paying attention. All on my mind was Valerie.

It's been about a week since she's texted me or called me. I went to visit her two days ago, but no one answered the door.

"Abel! Are you listening?!" Jeremy shouted at me.

My eyebrows furrowed in frustration. Music, for once, was the least of my worries. I was worried about Valerie.

Jeremy sighed and sat next to me on the leather couch. He looked at me and I stared at him back. He had an aha moment and then leaned back into the couch.

"Valerie huh?"

I nodded. I checked my phone but no messages from her.

"It's been a week. Nothing from her. I'm scared something happened to her..." I drifted off saying. I didn't like getting too emotional in front of people. Especially not in front of a professional person.

"Dang...just write it out. What you're feeling." He told me.

Him, being a producer and songwriter, knew that was only way I could write out my pain. I dapped him and left the studio, entering the warm autumn breeze. I hopped into my black Benz and sped to my hotel.

I quickly waved at the bellboy and got into the elevator, hitting the 4 button. The doors finally opened and I went to my hotel door, sliding the key card. I quickly rushed in, closing the door behind me. I took off my jacket and placed it on the foot of the bed.

I opened my drawer and took out a paper and a pen.

I soon entered a world...my world. I felt as if I was floating in my memories, all the right words coming through me.

There comes a time in a man's life,
Where he must take responsibility for the choices he has made,
There are certain things that he must do,
Things that he must say,
Like I love you...and I need you...
I only want you...

That was all I got down. I looked down at my paper and was satisfied. Valerie...That's gonna be the name of the song. Named after the love of my life.

That's when I heard my phone vibrate. I quickly turned over my phone to see it was from Valerie. I unlocked my phone and saw a text that was too good to be true.

She's with me. Don't worry. I kept her in good care.
- Aaron

Aaron...that was the name of Valerie's ex.

No. No she wouldn't do that to me. She told me she loved me. Told me she would never go back to him. He treated her like shit. She wouldn't go back to where her pain started. That's not what Valerie would do.

I grabbed my phone and keys, not bothering to put on my jacket. I left the hotel and hopped into my car, speeding to her apartment.

Her new apartment. One with a great view of the city. One that I bought. I couldn't stand to see her in a beat up apartment. Not when she's with me.

I ran up the stairs, all the way to the second floor. I pounded on the door. No answer. I pounded again and heard a voice on the other end.

It was a man's voice.

I pounded on the door once more, with more force than the last time.

"Who is it?!" The guy asked.

"Open this fucking door!" I felt my rage getting the best of me. The room was going from red to its normal color and back to red.

The door swung open and my immediate reaction was to punch the hell out of the guy.

The whole room was spinning around me. Everything was red, the corners seeping black. Punch after punch. I felt no pain coming from my knuckles even though I was bleeding from them. I wouldn't have stopped if I didn't hear that soothing voice.

"Abel please stop!!"

Valerie.

I looked up at her and she had a scared expression on her face. She tried to tend to the guy I just finished pounding on the floor but I didn't let her. I towered over here and pushed her back into her bedroom, locking the door behind me.

"Why the fuck are you with that nigga Val? You been sleeping with him?"

"No! Damn it Abel it's not like that." She screamed back.

I pushed her onto the bed, and pinned her down.

"He just texted me saying you in good care. The fuck is that suppose to mean!"

She kept quiet, only looking straight into my eyes. They showed fear. They showed pain. But they also showed truth.

I let her go and went to her bedroom window.

"I'm...I'm sorry Valerie...I didn't think..."

"Abel I would never cheat on you. Aaron was here cause he heard that my mother was in a car accident. Aaron knew my mon since we were kids and he came here to tell me. I didn't know he got ahold of my phone. He did that to piss you off no doubt."

I nodded.

"You disappeared on me."

"I went away. Aaron took me back here and he was just about to leave."

I turned around to see her big light eyes looking at me. Damn I really shook her. I went to her and hugged her.

"I'm sorry for freaking out. I thought I had everything figured out. I was worried sick Val! Damn I missed you." I put my fingers through her hair and took in the scent of her vanilla shampoo.

"It was all sudden. And there was barely any cell reception where we was staying. Everytime I tried calling, it always failed."

She was gonna keep on going, until I put my finger to her soft, plump lips.

"Just shush and kiss me." I told her.
She blushed and nodded.

"As you please Mr. Tesfaye."

---

·XO Till We Overdose·