Chapter 1- down into the rabbits home

"Elsa, do you take Eugene Fitzgerald to be your husband?"

This tall, brooding man in front of me, Eugene Fitzgerald. A Total mystery. Son to lee and Maryland Fitzgerald. I barely know him.
I know his name and the amount of money his family hold dear, but that's all.

I had only met home a week before this hole wedding. And even then all we said was hello then danced.

"Elsa...."

"I....." I stutter grabbing a hold of the silk fabric of my wedding gown.
This question, it's as if I'm tip toeing on a small rope breaking in the middle, and if I fall I will parish in the firry depths of hell.

"No..." My breath hitches. My hands grow moist and my head burns as I slowly breath "No I don't"

In a second my mother stands from her lavished birch chair, grabs a hold of the pick linen dress Around her feet and marches up to me on the stage. He eye burning with a fire that could eat the fresh from your bones.

My mother was never really interested in my feelings or views towards the world.

While I saw the in all its colors my mother only saw it for its money, and I was going to be they way she got to it.

At a young age I was taught how to sit up straight and use the right soup spoon, only for my suitors. I was told, "do anything he wants, and don't talk back" which always use to make my blood boil like an egg in hot water.

"Elsa" my mother gritting her teeth into a smile. Her voice seeping through each tooth. "What are you doing?"

I look at her with a fear falling into my stomach like a ball of food. How am I suppose to talk back to her? I'm quickly distracted by all the people that were whispering about.

"I'm not doing your bidding" I say simply unhooking my corset and letting some more of my stomach hang. I quickly take a pin from my bun, then another, until it falls to my shoulders. Then I wipe all the red lip stick from my naturally pink swollen lips.

My mother breathes in slowly as to almost calm herself before she ripped my head from my shoulders.

"Elsa dear" my mother simply says letting her hands drop out of the rock like fist she was holding. "You will get married to Eugene and you will like it!" She raised her voice.

"No!" I say raising my voice right back. "Father would not have wanted it like this!"

My mother scoffs and looks at me like I had just mentioned satan's name.

"Father use to tell me story's of love, not arranged marriages and money grabs" I say slamming my foot to the ground in my huff.

"Your father was a moron!" My mother yells throwing her fox fur around her neck tighter. The same fox hide that my father brought home so she would finally have some fancy furs, now look at her, living life with the rich.

"My father was an amazing man, and your the reason he's dead! If you hadn't complained about not having nice furniture and fancy furs he would not have gone out hunting for more, and he would have never got shot by that stray arrow!" I scream tears threatening to fall onto my cheek.

My mother starts to laugh. Laugh at me, Like I was some kind of mad hatter!

"Listen to you" she laughs "you think you can tell me what I did and didn't do"

With her last comment heard loud and clear I take off, into the maze that lay behind the field I was to be married in. The same field I remember running around in as a child, I use to run though the maze chasing what I remember to be as a rabbit.

My lungs begin to burn as I reach the inside of the maze, I have no idea which way to go and my mother and few others are running close behind me.

"Elsa, this way" a voice sings coming from the left of the maze.

With no questions I follow this all to familiar voice. I know I've heard this before because it was the same voice that use to sing to me before I fell asleep, the same voice that use to play with me in the gardens during the summers.

"Elsa... Quickly" it pleads. I can feel the wonder in its voice as it whispers. As I turn another corner I spot a rabbit, a small, pink nosed white rabbit.

This is the voice

As the rabbit begin to hops my body take over and sprints after it, kicking off my shoes and jolting towards it.

After my body finally stops I see the rabbit has lead me to the exact middle of the maze, A dead end in a matter of speaking. "No!" I say turning trying to find a way out. I can hear my mother yelling my name not to far away.

Again the voice whispers "Elsa on the ground"

There in the dirt a hole, I huge hole, a huge rabbit hole.

I quickly get down on my knees and look into the thing, this seems really old yet smells of sugar. "What is this?" I ask putting my head farther into the hold to try and find out what was living there, "it had to be something bigger then just that scrawny rabbit" I whisper my curiosity growing.

In a split second the ground under my knees gives and I dive head first into the rabbits home with out knocking.

I watch as I fall, the rabbit hole closes quickly and colour swim around me, making my screams for help dim.

I watch as cards begin to fly by my face, a few coming to close. As the last card flys by I catch a look at it, seeing it had a big heart on it. Not just a foolish children's drawing of a heart, no, a full on human heart, dripping small bits of blood. It whizzes by my face, nicking my cheeks causing me to flinch and put my hand to my face. A warm liquid hits my hands as I reach.

I'm bleeding. And falling. Down a rabbit hole. Wait... This, this had happened to me before, when I was young.

I'm completely knocked out of my thoughts as I hit a hard surface with a thud. My eyes quickly slam shut and My breath is pulled from my lungs.
I Arch my back I groan as I'm in excruciating pain.

As the pain dies I open my eyes to find light, beautiful coloured light. Blue, greens, and reds fill my eyes, almost blinding me.

This place my eyes have shown me. I knew I've done this before, except my landing was much better. This place... I know it well.

"Hello wonderland"