Chapter 4- the voyage to Caterpillar

(AN-All quotes will be italicized)

"Why must we stop every 5 minutes to you can smell a flower or catch a butterfly?" Jack groans as I yell stop again. Wonderland is just so beautiful, plus I haven't seen it in 11 years.

"Haven't you ever heard of the saying 'the joy is in the journey'?" I say quoting Tim Cooke.

"Yes I've heard of it before but I never imagined it would take this long," he wines kicking a stone in front of his foot.

"Well, maybe if you stopped your complaining and stopped to smell the roses like I, then you wouldn't find it so boring" I say quoting Walter Hagen.

"What is with you and saying what other people have already said" Jack says throwing his hands up into the air.

"Well, your expecting something to come from nothing. But Nothing will come of nothing." I say again quoting someone, although this time it's Shakespeare.

"If you don't stop quoting I'll slap the life out of you" Jack says turning to me, who is close behind, and walking backwards.

"Well you would have to stop Complaining to do that" I say matter-of-factly smirking

Jack scoffs and turns back a round, crossing his arms, and keeps walking like normal.

"Oh come on!" I say jogging to catch up to him. Did I hurt his feelings, well good. He hurt mine when he was so disgusted to walk near me.

I poke his cheeks and giggle at his action, he ruffles his nose up like a Bunny.

"What are you laughing at!?" Jack snaps at me.

"Your nose" I giggle covering my mouth with my hand "when I poked you it ruffled like a rabbits does"

Jack sighs and rolls his eyes. "I am a rabbit"

Oh, that's right. I almost forgot by the way he was dressed. You would almost think he was from London like I.

"Well" I shrug poking his cheek again making him crumple his noes. "it's cute"

He chuckles as I reach my hand up to poke him again. But before I can even get close Jack grabs my hand and puts it back to my side. "Stop that"

He looks deep down into my eyes, like he's searching them for something, like a cat staring into the moon.

I feel myself stair right back, trying to find what he's looking for in my eyes.

"What a touching moment" a hiss comes from the trees above us. I'm quickly knocked out of my gaze to stair up at the Cheshire grinning down at me.

He starts to disappear again then forms back into himself right next to me, again running his finger through the hair on the back of my neck to move my hair over my shoulder.

"What do you want cat?" I ask gaining the courage.

He chuckles into my ear and moves his head away from my ear and makes his was to slither around Jack.

"Hello again jack rabbit"

I don't know why but Jack really didn't take his hello well. "What are you after cat?" He scoffs.

The cat grins and breathes in deeply. "Just a summer walk, Peter Cotten tail"

I can't help but chuckle at his nicknames for Jack, jackrabbit meaning Jackass-rabbit, as in donkey rabbit, suggesting it has long ears.

"Yeah I'm sure you are" Jack rolls his eyes taking my hand, walking off again.

"Hey Jackー" cat laughs floating beside us, picking at his sharp teeth with his finger nail. "ーyou always shofar Elsa around wonderland, but do you ever take anytime to go home?"

Jack stops dead in his tracks and turns pointing his finger at the cat, "keep your mouth shut fur ball"

"And if I don't?" Cheshire teasingly questions.

"I'll make sure that hatter has your head on his wall" Jack threatens him. Why doesn't he want cat to talk about where he's from.

"Uhhー" I stutter "ーI'm confused"

Jack and cat look over  at me as if not knowing I was even standing here at all.

"Well let me explain" Cheshire grins.

"If you do catー"

"Easter bunny over here isn't really from wonderland, well, he wasn't born here" the cat says seating himself on a tree branch.

I turn to Jack who has his hands in fists looking towards the ground. Why doesn't he want me knowing.

"Where his he from then?" I ask throwing my hand to my hip.

"I'm going to leave that up to him to tell you" the cat says disappearing leaving behind his grin for a few seconds more.

Once the cat has disappeared I turn to Jack ready for a sly hit back in cats favor.

"Can we not talk anymore?" Jack asks letting his hands drop back to his sides, falling out of the fists he held. "I don't really wannaー"

"I wasn't going to ask you again" I say walking a bit closer to him. "If you didn't want cat to tell, I wasn't looking for a real answer"

Jack lifts his head from the ground he had it focused on and smiles at me. I smile back and take his hand in mine, making him flinch.

"Now come on" I say kissing his cheek lightly. Jacks cheeks turn a pale red as mine did and I smile again "let's go find caterpillar"

Jack smiles and knocked holding out his arm like he did At the table earlier "shall we" he say quoting what I said a while before.

I chuckled and nod "we shall"