Chapter 9- if you dont know where your going, any road will get you there

(AN- yeah I know, longest title ever.)

"So you lived your entire life in wonderland?" I ask Jack turning my hand over some cattails. And by cattails I mean tails from a cat, sticking right out of the ground.

"Well, you could say that" he says playing with the tip of a knife he holds in his hand.

"Why so, nervous about it?" I ask watching him stiffen a little more then he already was.

"I just.... I....." Jack stutters trying to find the right words.

"Never mind" I shrug knowing I'm putting him in and awkward position. I don't want to push him into telling, I mean that's like my mother trying to make me marry a man I just meet. Yes I understand, mad right?

"Why?" Jack asks me knitting his eyebrows together "do you think I can't tell you because I'm scared?"

"I never said..."

"I'm glad you think so highly of me" Jack snaps at me making me confused. why all of a sudden did he get so defensive. I told to him never mind with what I was asking, so it's not like that was the reason.

Silence falls upon Jack and I's shoulders as we continue to walk through the colorful forest in a angry state.

My breath makes small patches in the morning air as I exhale.

I haven't the slightest idea why, but Jack seems to hate me. One minute he is smiling and sweet, next he is angry and as sour as a lemon.

"Have you ever wanted someone so bad, you would risk your own life for them?" Jack asks bluntly and out of the blue.

"Well..." I shrug stairing up though the the blue colored trees that almost look like Cotten sugar (Cotten candy)
"Of course"

"Who was he?" Jack asks almost sounding interested. He looks at my eyes as if they are a soft animal with a hurt leg. Kindly.

"My father" I whisper dreamily exhaling once more. "I loved him so much I would have put his life before my own."

Jack looks at me surprised and stutters "I-I meant like Romant....."

"I know what you meant" I snap making Jack jump back a bit. "I have just never loved like that"

Jacks face becomes soft again and kind once more. "I thought I was the only one"

"Really?!" I asked almost surprised. "You've never loved"

"Neither Have you!" He grins pushing my shoulder playfully. I chuckles and look back down to the ground playing with the hem of my dress.

"I just haven't found the man I'll Marry yet" I whisper smiling at the ground thinking of what he will be like, Jack quickly pops back into my head.
"Thank you, by the way" I say looking back to him trying to get the thought of him as I lover out of my head.

Jack cocks his eyebrow as if to ask why

"For saving me in the maze" I hesitate "from being married"

Jack chuckles a bit before turning his sight back to the path we are on.

"So would you say that I'm your hero?" Jack grins a cunning grin. What is he up to.

I put my hand on my hip and cock my brow "and why would I ever do that"

"Because I saved you!" Jack protests "and I wanna hear you say it"

Again he grins making my stomach flip through out my inside. What is happening to you Elsa! Calm yourself down.

"I'm not saying it" I pout turning my head away and crossing my arms.

"Really?" Jack asks getting closer to me and removing my hands from my chest and placing them on his neck. "Are you certain?"

My heart quickly jumps into my throat as I swallow hard trying to calm.

"Yes" I whisper as Jack leans closer to my face. Do I want this? I must of I'm not pushing him away.

Jack places his hands around my waist and leans in until our noses rub together.

I can feel jacks icy breath on my skin as my eyes find his again. His blue pools stair back into mine as he whispers "I really don't think your sure"

"Jack" I whisper leaning in so our chins touch. "Your my hero"

"Touching!" I voice hisses close to my ear making it wet with saliva.

I pull my body away from jacks as I'm grabbed by another arm and pulled into a large torso.

I glare up into a pair of purple eyes with a huge grin placed just under them.

"Hello purrfect" the Cheshire purrs as he extend his tongue out to touch my lips and try and force it way inside them. I quickly open my lips, making it look like in giving him enterence but once is tongue pushes past my teeth I bit down quickly.

Cheshire pushed my body back from his and I fall quickly to the dew grass of the morning ground.

"Brat" the cat smirks as he stops holding onto his tongue. "You almost gave me entrence didn't you?"

"Go to hell, rat" I hiss making him take a step back.

"My my, what a tongue you have." He says vanishing into mist and reappearing in front of me, tapping my chin as if I've done something wrong.
"Let me fix it"

In a second Jack has grabbed me by the arm and lifted me back into his grip, not letting go for the world.

"Shoo, Tom cat" Jack scoffs as the cat chuckles a bit.

"I wasn't staying long, Jack rabbit. Only long enough to see my kitten" Cheshire grins at me before disappearing into the dust again.

Jack hugs my body closer to his as I try and move away. "Are you okay?" He asks hugging my cold body.

"Fine" I smile knowing he's worrying "I'm fine Jack."

Thoughts?
~author