Chapter 7- hungry breaths cold claws

My eyes find themselves slowly opening to the light hum of a mans voice, almost a pur. The moons glow quickly finds its way into my slowly opened pools, blinding me for a quick flash.

I sit up in my white colored bed and look around the room trying to identify where the noise is coming from.

My gaze quickly meets to large purple eyes staring down at me, with a wanting look in dancing in them.

"I see sleeping beauty is awake" the man purrs in front of me in the darkness of night. He slowly steps out of the shadows and into the moon light springing through my open window.

"What are you doing in my room?" I question pulling the covers of my bed up around my chest which is covered with a silk night gown.

"Just, checking on you, my dear" Cheshire smiles a toothy smile moving a bit closer to me. "Making sure jack rabbit hasn't touched you"

"Jack wouldn't, unlike some pests I know" I snap making his grin grow from ear to ear.

"I would never" says the cat putting his hand on his heart as if he was shot, and a look of hurt lining his face.

"Sure" I say watching his movements closely.

The cat again purrs and slowly makes his way to sit upon my bed, next to me, slowly rubbing my thigh.

"Well,-" I cock my brow "-if you are only hear to check on my well being, you must be on your way"

I watch as he gives me a hungry look and runs his claw up my thigh and onto my stomach.

"Well, while I'm here" he smiles lifting my dress a bit. I quickly hit his hand away and jump from my bed.

"That quite enough of you" I say opening my door slowly and walking out with him floating behind me.

"Where are you going?" He chuckles

"To jacks room, you won't bother me there" I say grabbing the handle to jacks door and turning to look back at the cat once more. "Now shoo"

With that I open jacks door slowly and the cat disappears into a purple vapor.

"Who's there!" Jack almost yells springing from his bed as I shut the door slowly.

"It's just me" I whisper walking closer to his bed to let him see me clearly. "I know it's late, I'm sorry"

"What do you need?" He asks with a small smile.

"Nothing much," I nod "it's just the cat made an appearance in my room and I didn't like where it was going. I can leave now if you want"

I turn to leave Jacks chambers as he calls out my name. "Wait!"

I turn back and see him standing beside his bed. "If you go back, the cat could to, I'm not taking that chance with you. You may sleep here if you wish"

His words take me by surprise. He wants to protect me? No, he only doesn't want cat in his home again. That has to be it.

"Um," I stutter "I-I don't want to be a burden"

"No no" Jack says, gesturing me to his bed. "I want you to stay"

Again his words lift me from the floor. He wants me to stay?

"What ever for?" I question him as he walks closer to me making his face visible to me. He has a huge smile on his face, but also a blush.

"I don't want you hurt, especially by that Tom cat" he snaps at me trying to hide his pink blush from me.

"Well, if you insist." I shrug walking over to the bed with Jack. I pick up one of the pillows from his bed and place it on the floor then ready myself for the coolness of the wood flooring.

"Elsa," Jack says looking at me from his bed. "You can sleep on the bed"

Burning, my face is burning. It probably looks like a strawberry during the summer seasons.

"Oh, um" I breathe trying to clame my verse down, "all right"

I quickly grab the fabric of the pillow and place it back in its spot on the bedding and lay down on it slowly.

I can feel the warmth of jacks back on my own even though we are not touching. My face is still burning which I can also feel.

"Elsa," Jack speaks in a low voice "if he ever try's something again, tell me"

My breath hitches as the last words come from his lips, smooth as silk.

"Because of anything happened to you, I don't know what i would do with myself"

My breathe in deeply trying to find words to reply with.

"Why do you care?" The words slip. As soon as they dance through my teeth I regret it. He's finally being kind to me and I'm questioning it.

"Because you," I feel the bed move around and I role onto my other side. My face becomes almost inches away from jacks who apparently roll to his side as well. "You, have thing to live for, me, I have nothing to live for but you. So I have to protect that right?"

My stomach starts to ache as he smirks at me. Did he really just say those things to me.

I smile back and him as he rolls to his back again. In and instant I do the impossible, I lean over and plant my lips upon the snowy white skin of his cheek.

"Goodnight Jack" I whisper in his ear as I roll back to the side I started on.

"G-Goodnight Elsa" he stutter and sighs making me giggle a little, then try and find sleep.