Chapter 11- I am still painting flowers for you

Okay I just want to say if you don't get what I'm saying up here then you defiantly don't listen to all time low.

---

"And these are the gardens" the beautiful queen of hearts says showing me the red flowers she has. Then we come upon the roses. Oh the roses! I always look forward to those.

"The roses are always my favorite part" she giggles along with me.

As we reach the roses the queen is quickly taken back. "My dear elsa" she smiles at me "what do we have here?"

"White roses" I smile at her. The queen of hearts joyfully laughs fill the air again. Like a song.

"I understand that" she giggles "but why are they white..."

"When they could be red!" I explain. Me and the queen always said that saying when something wasn't Crimson coloured

why are they white when they could be red!

That was when the queens loved each other and ruled each of there own kingdoms. One of the white chess pieces and the other of the red cards.

"Well," the queen says putting her hands on her hips "we must do something about that!"

The queen taps her chin making me laugh "but what can we do with these white roses?"

"Paint them!" I exclaim "paint them red!"

"What a wonderful idea" the red queen smiles. Her smile.... It used to be able to light up the night sky, so you could see for miles. "We must get the paints."

As the paints are brought out to my feet I pick up the brush and begin to paint.

The liquid goes on quickly and like a thick paste, that is until it starts to run. Run quickly down the pedals and onto my black shoe.

As the liquids spreads farther a part I can make out that this is not just paint but blood, thick fresh blood.

Squeal escapes my young lips as I drop the painting brush the the grass.

"What's wrong my dear?" The queen laughs, but this time it is not like a melody. No this time it's.....mad.
"A little blood to startling for you?"

Being a child I could understand why she would ever do this! This is not how the memeory played out long ago.

No this was a nightmare, about what the queen has become! She used to be living and caring and even showed live towards me.

But now...

I quickly sit up from the cold ground under the toadstool we set up camp under with a scream, starting Jack awake.

"What!" He yells half asleep "what is it"

My breathing hitches as I look back to my dream. That childhood memory now thrown to the floor and smashed into pieces.

"Nothing" I croak. "I'm fine"

I quickly stand from the spot I am sitting on and try and get my breathing back to its normal rate.

"You don't look to fine" Jack says if standing from the dewy morning grass and putting his arm around my waist.
"You look scared"

My mine quickly tells me to fire something back at him to show I'm not scared, even though I completely am.

"Shut up! I'm not scared of a dream." I snap making Jack chuckle.

"So it was a nightmare." He says smiling at me which seems to calm my nerves down.

I nod and lean closer into Jack, laying my head into his chest. "Why are you so worried?"

Jack again snickers and hugs me close. "I'm not sure," he grins "I just am"

I inhale his sent as he breathes in deeply and listen to his heat jumping around inside of his chest.

"Jack" I whisper trying not to break the niceness me had.

"Mmh" he hums

"Will you always protec...." I start but am quickly cut off by Hoofs snapping up the rocks Infront of us. Jacks head snaps back to reality and quickly take home of what's going on.

"Knave of hearts" he whispers. "Her knave is here"

My eyes grow as he jumps done quickly from his horse, followed by some card guards.

"We have been asked to take hold of you with no questions" the knave grins ripping my arms from jacks arms and hiding my wrist high above my head making me flinch in pain.

"Stop" Jack says as he is grabbed by to card guards, "your hurting her"

The knave laughs a loud and startling laugh as he brings me close to his face. "I'm not hurting you am I?" He asks lightly licking my ear lobe making me whine.

Jack quickly starts to thrash around I. His chains that he is being put into to try and get to me. "Let her go!" He demands.

The knave laughs again and quickly throws me into a wooden box with bars like a jail cell on the back of a wagon then ties Jack to the back of it to walk while they pull it.

"Now let's get you to back to the queen" he snickers making Jack jump at him. I quickly jump to the other side of the box and take hold of his cheeks for him to look at me.

His eyes burn with anger, yet, when they meet mine they sparkle like they usually do. "I'm sorry" I lightly sob.

"I'll get you out of this" Jack says reassuringly. "I promise"

"Will you always protect me?" I finish my question I was going to ask before.

"Yes!" Jack says with out a thought. "With my life"

What do you think?
~author