8. Mr. Perfection

Anna POV:

"So I guess it's just you and me." I said looking over at Dougie who was just sitting there with his feet up on my desk.

"Yeah. That's not such a bad thing you know." He said smiling, scrunching up his nose.

I smiled. "Lets get out of here. We've been here all day." I said.

"Where do you want to go then?" He asked watching me.

I shrugged. "My apartment?" I stated.

"I guess. Probably better than the one we have." He said laughing and playing with a paperweight I had.

I stood up and put my jacket. I grabbed my purse and extended my arm.

He put the paperweight down and grabbed my hand. "Lets go." I said.

"It's about time." He said sarcastically.

"Still the same sarcastic Dougie I remember." I said laughing as we walked downstairs.

"Yep! Sarcasm is my middle name." He said happily.

I playfully hit his arm. "You're a liar. You're middle name is Lee." I said.

"I stand corrected Skylar." He said. "Anna Skylar Simmons. Or am I wrong again?" He asked being a smart ass.

"No you're right, Lee." I said antagonizing him.

We walked out of the studio and left Jen to lock up. We started walking down the busy New York streets.

"And for your information, my name is not Lee. My name is Dougie. So you call me Dougie." He explained.

I looked at him and laughed. "Alright sir." I said mocking him. He ignored me and swung our arms.

"So how far away is your apartment?" He asked, he was always lazy at times.

"It's in Tribeca." I informed.

"Oh. So you suppose we just walk there? Can't we take a cab?" He asked complaining.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I guess. You want it so you catch it." I said.

"Deal." He said smiling and pulling me towards the street.

"Uh Dougie, watch out ok?" I asked. He laughed and started waving his arm around while standing strangely close to the street.

Me being a worrier wanted to just go over to him and pull him onto the sidewalk. I feared that he would get hit or killed, or something bad. Finally a can pulled up and he opened the door.

"Anna!" He yelled. I snapped out of my worry episode and walked over to the car. I slipped in and he got in after me, closing the door.

I looked at the driver. "25 granger St lower manhattan." I said.

Alright so technically I didn't live near Tribeca, but who cares. The drive we pretty much silent. Not much to do in a taxi.

"Here you are." The driver said. Dougie insisted on paying for the ride and I gave in.

We got out and I looked up at the nice building. Sarah and I had the top 2 floors all to ourselves.

"So what floor are you on?" He asked, putting his arm around me.

"Nine and ten. We have the top two floors." I said.

He widened his eyes; "wow. Must be pretty nice. I mean this building is huge."

I laughed. "Come on Doug. Do you want to see the inside or just stand out here looking at the building you weirdo?" I asked walking up the stairs as he just stood there.