17. tats and the past

"So these are the albums you guys have?" Shania asked, holding their three albums in her hands.

"Yep." Danny said in his Irish sounding accent. In reality it was a British accent but it sounded Irish. Scratch that, Scottish.

Shania looked at them and then handed them to Sarah, she examined the album covers and then nodded her head before talking. "And who sings on these albums?" she asked.

Danny rose his hand about half way and nodded his head. "That would be me." He said narcissistically.

"Stop lying Danny. Tom sings too." Dougie said, annoyed.

"Oh yeah I forgot about Tom." Danny says.

Tom quickly turned his head from looking at his guitar to Danny. He gave him a disgusted facial expression and then sighed loudly. "I am always forgotten. It's nothing new. I don't know why I even flinch or turn to look when you forget about me."

Harry looks over to the group. "Drummers are always forgotten. Don't be saying that the lead guitarist and singer is forgotten?"

"Uh, no. definitely not. Bass players are the most forgotten. Look at all of the drummers that are famous. No one goes after bassists." Dougie complains.

I clear my throat and laugh at all of the boys surrounding us.

"I went after a bassist so your argument is invalid. However I do know many bassists, Robert Trujillo from Metallica, Duff McKagen from Guns 'N' Roses, Krist Novoselic from Nirvana, Mike Starr from Alice in Chains. Shall I continue to ­­prove your little statement wrong?" I say putting my hands on my hips and looking at him like I know everything.

I can see that Dougie swallows hard and backs off of the conversation. "I am proven wrong." He states.

"Anyways, listen to them. You might actually like our songs." Danny shouted at us girls.

Sarah, Shania and I all walked over to the stereo I had in the apartment and chose an album to listen to.

"I wanna play them in order. Let's try to figure out which order they go in." Shania said looking at the three albums.

"Lemme see." I said looking at the albums on the table.

WONDERLAND
MOTION IN THE OCEAN
ROOM ON THE THIRD FLOOR

"Let's just ask them." I said turning and looking at the guys all fiddling with their instruments, even harry had a Cajon which he was sitting on and playing.

"Hey guys?" Shania asked.

Tom and the other three turned to look at Shania and walked over to her. "Yeah?" Tom asked.

"What order do they go in?" Sarah asked Danny with her hand on a CD.

"Room on the third floor, wonderland, motion in the ocean. We're working on one now." Danny explained.

"Cool beans. When is that one going to be released?" I asked.

"We still have to record songs and then get the album all ready." Harry explained.

"That's a really big help. You don't have any idea of when it will be out?" I asked.

"No we don't. We work slow." Dougie stated.

"Well look all you accomplished in 4 years." Shania said holding the CD cases in her hands.

"True. An album a year keeps the fans away." Tom stated.

"Do not bite off of the an apple a day keeps the doctor away thing." Sarah said putting Room on the Third Floor in the stereo.

"Don't get all technical with us." Danny said laughing.