13. The past is the past.

Anna POV:

"Anna!! Wake up!!!" I heard screaming through my headphones. I must have fallen asleep on the couch downstairs because that's where I was when I woke up.

"Anna!" I heard, faulty through my earbuds.

I pulled them out and looked around the room to find Dougie hovering over me. I looked up and smiled. He laid down on top of me and began kissing me. I let his tongue into my mouth and his tongue fought for dominance.

I wouldn't let him win that easily. I pushed onto his chest, trying to be the dominant one. I shut my eyes tightly and kissed him passionately. Of course, being me I pulled away.

I say up, pushing him off of me. He groaned in annoyance.

"You're such a cockblock." He shouted, in a funny tone. I gave him the death glare and laughed.

"Shut it. I'm not ready for that yet." I said, indicating exactly what he knew I was.

His expression quickly changed. "I'm fine with that. More than fine. I can wait. There's no one I would rather wait for than you." He said.

I sat next to him on the couch and kissed him quickly. I laid my head in the crook of his neck and smelled his cologne. Creepy, right?

"So I was thinking!" I started. I looked up at Dougie who just stared at my creepily. He raised his chin, letting me know he was listening.

"Since both of us aren't going anywhere, I think you should get some clothes for here." I suggested looking up at him.

He smiled then kissed my forehead. "Yeah. I mean sure. I don't really know what to say others than yeah."

I rolled my eyes. "My man of many words." I said sarcastically. "I'm inviting you to move in! NOTHING has changed."

"Actually, a lot has changed. The atmosphere and setting has changed. But we haven't really changed." He informed, sounding smart but not really convincing me. I loved making fun of him. Mainly because I could and he wouldn't do anything about it.

"That's true. I mean but it feels like we don't know each other but at the same time we know everything." I said trying to piece together my thoughts into words.

I laid my feet on the coffee table and got a little comfortable. I look out of the window and saw the beautiful sun shining down on the skyscrapers of NYC. I was wrapped up in dougies strong, loving arms which gave me a lot of comfort.

"I agree somewhat. I mean you don't always make sense when you talk but I love you anyway." He started. I turned around and gave him a dirty look. "Anyways, it feels weird because people might think that we rushed into this relationship, but we've known each other so long and know practically everything about each other."

I nodded my head in agreement. "I agree. We're basically meant for each other you know. Like when they say 'if you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it's yours, if it doesn't it never was.' You make that quote come to life. It's true. We both let go of each other, thanks to me, and we found each other again. That, to me is true love."

He sighed in relief. "I think we should get out of here?? Get some clothes...bond?"

I looked at him and pecked his lips. I nodded my head and sat up, pulling him with me. I got changed into a simple white tee shirt and blue skinny jeans.

*****

"Ready to go babe?" Dougie asked forming his arm so I could interlock mine with his.

I obliged and interlocked my arm with his. He wore a peacoat and jeans. I grabbed my purse and we walked out the door.