14. $0.99 Pizza

Anna pov:

"So what do you want to do now?" Dougie asked me as we walked out of the mall and into the busy streets of the city.

"I don't know. Wherever the yellow brick road takes us." I explained carrying many shopping bags.

Dougie shook his head and started laughing. He too was carrying numerous bags of his new clothing.

"So. I guess we can take the subway back to my place." I said looking over to him.

"Yeah that's cool. I've never been on a subway before." He says.

I chuckled. "Doug, it's the same exact thing as the tube."

"Ohhh. That makes sense. Then I've been on one before." He says seriously and I laugh.

"You're mental sometimes I swear." I say and we make our way to the closest subway station.

We walk down the stairs, with all o our shopping bags which made it hard to walk down them since there are railings.

I set down all of the bags I was carrying on the ground next to doggie and I and rummaged in my purse.

"What are yah looking for?" Dougie asks standing where he is, holding his bags by his side.

"My metro card nosey." I say informing him about something that they have in England, he's just too stupid to figure things out.

"Well. Then I was just asking." He shoots back at me in a serious tone of voice.

"And I'm just telling." I say being smart and putting my wallet away and grab the shopping bags and going up to the turnstile of the metro.

"Alright it's like the tube. Just slide the card through... It's not that hard." I say telling him talking in front of me even though he is behind me.

I swipe my card and go through. It's a bit challenging because I have all the shopping bags but I manage. I turn around and hand the card to Dougie.

He swipes it and then walks through the turnstile but its hilarious because the shopping bags got in his way.

"Having trouble there babe?" I ask laughing and trying to put my hands on my hips.

"Shut it. Why don't you!" He states finally getting through the turnstile.

He hands me my metro card and I shove it in my pocket. "I can return all of these clothes if you keep talking to me like this. I can kick you out of my apartment." I say laughing.

He just stands next to me as an old lady walks by us. "You guys are an adorable couple." She says.

We both smile and thank her. He puts his arm around me and allows me to show him what subway we need to take to get back to my apartment.

"Dougie we have to go down one more subway." I say watching him walk past me then do a U-Turn.

"Oh whoops. I didn't know." He says maneuvering through a few people with all of the bags he has. They give him shit and complain. I laugh and walk down the stairs before he can even get around the people.

"Thanks for waiting for me." He spits out as we meet up again.

"Awh! No problem!" I say playing along with his game by not being judgmental.

"Quit playing around and just tell me what tube were taking why don't you?" He asks becoming truly impatient.

"Alright alright. This is New York. Get used to it." I say sassily and walking over to the platform for a subway for my apartment.