08; Ouroboros

*flashforward*

"Everything we're going through, it's tearing us apart" I said. "Scott is my brother. But Stiles? He's basically a brother to me too. It feels like I have to pick a side. And if I choose one, I'll lose the other's trust"

"Will you really be able to make a decision like that?"

"Sometimes I think I have. Scott's my brother by blood but a lot of the time I don't feel like we're related at all. He wants to save everyone. He believes there's good in everyone. But there isn't, I know there isn't. And then Stiles, he hardly gives people the benefit of the doubt when sometimes he needs to. Yet he's always right about something"

"So where do you fit?"

"I'm not exactly sure. I give some people the benefit of the doubt, yet I'm still highly suspicious. I try to see the good in everyone but I know there isn't always good in people. I'm caught between the two. I'm not one side or the other, I sit in the middle. And it's tearing me apart. Unless it's in the heat of the moment, I don't think I can make a decision"

"What about Liam?"

"I can't trust him. We're not the same anymore. I don't know if we ever will be"

"And the others?"

"The whole pack have fallen apart. So much has changed I don't know who to trust, who to spend time with. And Mason's been in the middle of Liam and I, but he mainly stands by Liam's side. I'm not mad though. I guess he's in the same position as I am. I just wish I didn't feel so alone, you know"

"How about your powers? Are they helping?"

"The visions are hard to control. I mean, my emotions are so heightened that sometimes I don't even need to focus on them to get a vision. It's mentally exhausting, I don't know what I'm supposed to do anymore"

"I wish I could help you Rebecca but I've never had much experience with this. What about your anchor as a werewolf? The same rules could apply for your new powers?"

"I don't know exactly what my anchor is" I admitted. "I guess it was just always kind of there"

"How do you keep in control then?"

"Someone was always with me. Whether it be Scott, Stiles, Liam, Lydia, whoever. Sometimes the whole pack was there. Their presences, they all seemed to help. But now I don't have any of them"

"Try focusing on the common emotion you felt when they were there"

"I don't know what I felt"

"Safe. Their presences must have comforted you. So the common emotion must be love. You have to focus on that. It's the one thing that can pull you back"

"How do I focus on it when I've lost everyone?" I asked.

"You haven't lost everyone yet. You need to bring them back to you"

"Easier said than done" I commented.

"Even if you don't feel anything at the time, you have to remember memories. It doesn't matter what they are, they have to involve someone you care about. Because unless you find something else, that's the only thing that will pull you back"