09; Lies of Omission

"You wanted to talk?" Liam asked as he stepped into my room.

"Yeah. About me and you"

Liam sighed and headed over to my window. "This is about you being jealous of Hayden, isn't it?"

"No. This is about me and you"

He sighed. "Right"

"I'm really struggling to control my visions and control being a werewolf. You're still trying to control yourself too. I think that maybe we both need a bit of time apart to think things through" I said.

He turned around to face me. "So you want to break up?"

"No I never said that-"

"You implied it"

"Liam don't make this any harder than it already is" I sighed. "I think we just need to take a break to figure things out. And maybe you can figure out what your feelings for Hayden are too"

"I knew it" he said harshly. "This is all about Hayden"

"No it's not" I defended. "Clearly, you haven't noticed that I've been struggling"

"I've been busy"

"I noticed"

"Why are you so mad?"

"Because I'm fed up of feeling heartbroken all the time! I'm fed up of being second best to Hayden all the damn time!"

"It's not my fault you don't trust me! I haven't done anything wrong"

"Liam I do trust you!" I reminded.

"Then why can't you see that I haven't done anything wrong!"

I frowned, hearing his heartbeat jumping a little.

"Say that again"

"What?"

"Say it. Tell me you haven't done anything wrong"

He looked at me with a confused expression. "I haven't done anything wrong?" He said unsurely.

His heart rate picked up briefly.

"Liar"

"Excuse me?"

"Something's happened between you two!" I exclaimed.

"Nothing has happened" he argued.

"Stop lying to me, Liam!"

"Okay, fine!" He snapped. "We kissed"

I shook my head, turning away from him. "I trusted you when nobody else would! I believed in you when nobody else did!" I shouted. "I loved you, Liam Dunbar. I was there for you every single fucking step of the way! And look where it got me"

"Bec don't-" he grabbed wrist.

"No. Don't touch me. I'm done with this"

"Please, Becca"

"Who was there for you on your first full moon? Who was the one who ran into those damn woods after you, even when her brother told her not to?" I questioned, stepping closer to Liam. "Who stuck up for you when your old school played us in that scrimmage?"

"Rebecca-"

I cut him off again. "Who managed to calm you down every single time? Okay, not forgetting the many times I saved your goddamn ass!"

"Okay, I get it-"

"No, Liam. No you don't. Remember our first kiss? Our first date? Our secret place? You were my first everything Liam. I loved you. No, I still love you. And I hate the fact that I do"