13; Codominance

"Scott, let me come with you," I said, following him as he headed into his bathroom to gather things. His bag was placed in the middle of his bed, clothes all packed into it.

"It's too dangerous," he replied, coming back into the bedroom and dumping his toiletries into the bag.

"Kira's my friend too," I argued. "Besides, I thought we'd stopped with all the 'it's too dangerous' bullshit."

He sighed. "I'm sorry, Becca. You're gonna have to stay here. I'll be back soon, I promise," he grabbed his bag and kissed my cheek before heading out of the door.

I huffed and followed him down the stairs. "Scott-" I started but I cut off when I caught the scent of a presence in the house. My brother paused at the bottom of the stairs and I almost crashed into him.

"They're alive," was all Liam said. My whole body tensed as anger burned inside me. Liam had tried to kill both Scott and I which was bad enough itself. But he also had the decency to turn up to our house with no apology whatsoever. "I mean the chimera's. Not all of them, some of them."

Scott nodded. "I know."

"You do?"

"Yeah," Scott said. "I'm sorry, I can't talk right now, Liam."

Liam stammered slightly before saying, "It was Theo. He's the one who brought them back, and now they're with him. Like they're his pack."

"I know," Scott said, before starting to head past his younger beta. I stayed where I was and Liam locked eyes with me for a moment before awkwardly turning away, eyes drifting over to Scott once more.

"Hayden's one of them."

My mouth fell open. He was here about Hayden. Once again, his actions and his choices were fuelled by Hayden. His irrationality all came from that girl. Leaving me for her hurt like hell, but this was almost worse. Did he ever care this much about me?

"She's okay?" Scott asked in shock, turning around to face Liam.

"She's alive," Liam confirmed.

I scoffed. "That's a shame."

Liam ignored my statement. "I'm not sure she's totally okay, but she's definitely alive."

"Right," Scott said, glancing up at me for a moment. I shook my head, looking up at the ceiling.

"Where are you guys going?" Liam asked.

"To get Kira," My brother answered. "Her dad told us that her mom took her out to New Mexico, to this place called Shiprock. They're trying to figure out a way to help her, but it's dangerous. So we're gonna go find her and bring her back."

"I'll come with you," Liam immediately offered.

"Nah," Scott shook his head. "You can't." He turned and started heading towards the door again.

"Let me help," Liam said. "Let me do something. Just tell me what I can do."

Scott paused, speaking with a harshness in his voice. "Don't do anything," he glanced past Liam at me, eyes softening. "See you later, Bex."

I nodded, not even being able to form any words. Liam stared after my brother for a moment before turning around and acknowledging me properly, for what felt like the first time since he'd been here. "Bec-"

"Don't call me that," I snapped, shaking my head in disbelief. "I can't believe you had the nerve to come over here to talk about your damn girlfriend and not even utter an apology to me or Scott. Am I really not even worth an apology?"