Chapter 15: One Moment Please!

The room was dark, only illuminated faintly with a dying candle. The moonlight that flooded into the room seemed to cause Scary's teal hair to glow softly. His face was buried in his hands as he sat on the bed he was given; his elbows resting on his knees. Of course, it was a drastic change from the castle's luxurious bed, but he didn't give a damn.

Right now, he was stressed. Heck, he was beyond stressed. He was tired, frustrated, and...well, he just wanted to hit something...really hard.

The door to his room opened, but he didn't bother to look up. Heavy footsteps rang clear in the room, accompanied with the sounds of armor clanking together.

"...Your Highness, the enemy seems to be going around the town. They're trying to gather the people, but I'm not sure what they're up too. It's almost time to leave. Have you not rested for a bit?" Heathcliff's voiced asked. Scary didn't bother to move or answer, trying to keep himself from screaming. There was a long moment of silence before Heathcliff broke it.

"Prince Scary, are you alright?" he asked. Scary couldn't bring himself to answer nicely as he forced himself to not snap. He didn't want to be rude, but it was better to give the silent treatment instead of physically harming a person.

There was another long silence.

"...Your-" Heathcliff began, but Scary cut him off.

"How are they?" he asked rather bluntly.

The was a short pause before Heathcliff answered. "Prince Kazuto seems to had developed a fever. I'm not sure if he'll be well enough to leave within the next few hours. Agil believes that he strained himself. Both Asuna and Ryoutarou are on watch at the current moment. Princess Sinon is resting in the room next door."

"...And what of Mor'gan?" Scary asked, not letting Heathcliff leave the child out.

"Well...we were able to save Morgan, but he is still at a high risk of passing soon. Agil gave him a crystal to heal the injury. The wound is closed, but we're concerned about the blood loss." came the answer.

Scary stayed silent for a moment before finally lifting his head. He took one look at Heathcliff and frowned. About three or so hours ago, Scary and the others arrived at the town. Scary wasn't surprised to find a bar owner and a Guild Leader waiting for them. In fact, he expected them.

Kazuto wasn't able to keep up with them any longer and collapsed before they even reached Agil and Heathcliff. Sinon wasn't that far behind, collapsing on Asuna and scaring the crap out of her brother. Needless to say, they were in desperate need of a break. As Scary expected, Agil was quick to take the group to a house that was somewhat obscured from the town itself. It wasn't actually noticeable at first glance, in fact, anyone would miss it even if they looked a second time.

"Can he travel?" Scary asked as he straightened his back.

"...No, I wouldn't recommend it, Your Highness." Heathcliff said with a firm note in his voice. "He should stay here with us."

Scary gritted his teeth as he lowered his head a bit. "No. He has to come with us."

"Your Highness, you'll kill the child!" Heathcliff said. Scary suddenly stood up and sent a dead serious look at him. The Guild Leader suddenly froze as he felt a shiver rush up his spine. A feeling of dread rose in the pit of his stomach, slowly making him completely uneasy. Heathcliff felt a drop of sweat form and slip down the side of his face.

"And they won't?" Scary asked with a low, dark voice. His right fist curled to a shaking fist. "I recognized those damn cloaks, Heathcliff. Not one kingdom has never heard of the Laughing Coffin. They'd kill Mor'gan once they figure out that he's a servant at the castle."