Chapter 1

Buchou means captain. And (y/n) means your name. Also, you would say her name Ito, Minami (last name, first name.)

---

You shivered. After all, who wouldn't shiver when it was the day before Christmas. You felt tears in your eyes, but you blocked them out. You kept mentally chanting to yourself, "Keep it in, don't let the tears come out. Don't show anyone, just keep all those tears in."

"Senpai?" you heard a familiar voice call.

"O-oh! Zaizen-kun! It's nice to see you! What are you doing here?" you asked, as you blinked out the tears.

"...Senpai...you know that buchou is dati-" he didn't finish his sentence because you cut him off.

"Oh yes! Isn't it wonderful! My childhood friend finally got himself a girlfriend!" you exclaimed, while putting on a fake smile.

"Y-yeah. Well, I've got to go. The team is having a Christmas party. They sent me here to ask if you wanted to come," he said.

"Mm, I'm fine. Have fun and give my regards to the others!" you said cheerfully.

You saw him get farther and farther away. You decided to go to a nearby coffee shop for some hot chocolate. As you walked, you noticed many couples around you. You stopped for a moment, and looked down at your feet. Once again, the tears threatened to fall, and this time, you let them. You knew people were probably looking at you, but you didn't care.

Flashback

You knocked on Shiraishi Kuranosuke's door. "Kura-kun!" you called. "Lets go!"

"Coming!" you heard your childhood friend and your crush run towards the door. He opened it, and smiled.

"Good morning (y/n)! Ready to go see the Christmas tree put up?" he asked as you started walking.

"Hey, hey. Christmas isn't the only holiday in December. There's Hanukkah, and-" you started.

Kuranosuke chuckled. "Yes, yes I got it."

"Oh yeah, Kura-kun, didn't you want to tell me something? Some big news?" you asked.

"Oh yeah! Well you know how I have a crush on Ito Minami?" he said.

Your face fell. Of course you knew. He would always talk about her. And you would always smile and say "Ask her out already!" Of course, you were kidding. You wanted to be the receiver of Kuranosuke's kisses and smiles.

"--(y/n)-chan?" he said, confused. "Ah sorry repeat that again." you asked.

"So I confessed to her yesterday! And guess what? She likes me too! We stared dating! Isn't that great? Ecstasy!" he said, while smiling like an idiot.

"Of course it is! Tell me when you guys have your first kiss!" you teased. But on the inside, you heart shattered into a million pieces. You were broken, your dreams were gone in an instant. Oh how you wished that you were the girl Kuranosuke was talked about. But no, you weren't.

"I hope you'll be happy, and congrats!" you (fake) smiled.

"Thanks so much!" Kuranosuke said. "Also, didn't you want to tell me something too?" he asked.

"Ah no, it's okay now," you answered back.