Chapter 6

This is a link to a website that tells you about the school year in Japan: http://web-japan.org/kidsweb/explore/calendar/april/schoolyear.html

---

Days passed, and you soon grew used to it. It, meaning that the pain you felt. These feelings you held for Kuranosuke couldn't be explained in words. You didn't find another person to like. It just wasn't possible.

You learned to live with it. Watching Minami and Kuranosuke kiss, laugh, and hold hands together. You were...broken, mostly. Your heart was shattered and you still hadn't finished picking up the pieces yet. Your friends knew what had happened, and tried to help, but what could they do? It wasn't as if they were magical beings who could make Kuranosuke fall in love with you.

And so it would seem that this was the end of it. It probably was, to be honest. But you weren't one to be sad. You looked towards the bright side, participating in competitions for your pottery, doing well on tests, and so on.

You knew Minami as a quiet, but strong girl. She was the captain of the girl's track & field team, and she was very kind and thoughtful. Because of this, you didn't hate or dislike her. Obviously you felt some sadness, but you had no bad thoughts towards her.

When you first heard about Minami and Kuranosuke dating, your first reaction was, "What...?" But you quickly felt genuinely happy for the two.

You didn't like to think that Minami would ever harm you since you were Kuranosuke's close friend. You knew she wasn't that type of girl. You tended to read a lot (since you loved books,) so you knew all those romance books in which the girl who liked her childhood friend was beaten up by her childhood friend's girlfriend. But you didn't believe that would happen to you.

---

You were up on the roof with your lunch, and with a book. It was a peaceful day, in the middle of February. The days were cold, but still beautiful. You were currently alone.

You heard footsteps travel up to the roof, and the door opened for you to see the captain and a member of the girl's basketball team. The captain was short, and had long green hair. The other girl had a blue pixie cut.

You knew those two were Minami's best friends. Unlike you, Minami had best friends.

"Hi! You guys are Ito-chan's friends, right?" you asked politely. You didn't know their names, and didn't bother to ask them.

The captain stared at you hard with eyes full of hatred. You cocked your head to the side and asked, "Is anything wrong?"

"Yes, we are Minami-chan's friends, and we need to tell you something," the other girl answered.

"Okay?" you said.

"Listen here, Minami-chan deserves Shiraishi-kun. I know you guys are close, so I think you might have felt a little jealous, but you better not do anything to her. She's kind, and she's never done anything to you," the captain said.

"O-of course! I would never even think of something like that. I'm really happy that those two are together now!" you answered.

They both stared at you.

"If you do anything we will get you back," the blue-pixie cut girl said threateningly. They both walked away leaving you in shock and confusion.

"I really won't do anything. Do they not believe me?"