Chapter 9

This is a link that explains the Japanese school year: http://web-japan.org/kidsweb/explore/calendar/april/schoolyear.html

---

The final term was going to end soon. You still had 2 weeks though. Minami and you became good friends. You would always lie to her that you didn't love Kuranosuke when she would ask. All of Minami's other friends were still friends with Minami, but obviously not you. You still had your friends, and they knew what you were going through.

Minami was, as expected, very kind and thoughtful. When people would talk about you, she'd go up to them and punch them in the faces. You were thankful of that. But you still couldn't erase the pain in your heart every time you saw the two together. It was hard...very hard.

There were many instances in which you considered telling Minami that you just couldn't be friends with her anymore. But every time, you decided not to. Minami wasn't mean or anything, which was good to know.

Kuranosuke didn't know anything about you getting bullied and hit that day. You didn't want to tell him. He was fine; he didn't need one more problem, especially if it was about you.

Today was a Tuesday; two more weeks of the last term. Then we would go on into our next grade. You walked to the school, the air feeling "springy," if there was such a word.

You met Minami at the entrance to the school and you two walked together. You stared up at the sky. "This was one heck of a year, Kuranosuke. I really love you. Well, loved. Actually I'm not really sure. But I know that you'll be happy; very happy with Minami. Oh I've wished, wished, to be the one in her place. But, you know Kuranosuke, it was fun. Very fun. It will be hard. Growing up from now will be painful for me, not for you. Watching you from afar, laughing with a person that isn't me, it definitely will be hard. But I'll learn to live with it. What else can I do? Ah...it really has been one heck of a year. A year full of drama. Drama and pain. I'll always stand by you, Kuranosuke. Whether it be by your side, or in the shadows," you thought. It was true though. You'll always be by Kuranosuke's side. Even if it's going to be painful.

The day went by normally. It ended normally. Normally as in the usual. Usual meaning in that Kuranosuke and Minami together. But you decided in the morning that you'll stand by him no matter how painful. For him...you'd endure it.