Chapter 3

The Shitenhouji regulars processed the thought that went through their heads. "She saw buchou and Ito-chan together..."

"Wait a second. I'm confused. Doesn't (l/n)-senpai like buchou? You guys were telling me that she was head over heels for him and that she was going to confess to buchou," Kintarou asked.

"Well, you see, the day she was going to confess was the day the Christmas tree was going to be put up. But the thing is, before she could, buchou told her about Minami-chan and him dating. So (l/n)-chan decided to not confess so she didn't mess up anything," Gin Ishida answered.

The Shitenhouji regulars were quiet for moment. They were all thinking the same thing: "I feel so bad for her."

"And the thing is, (l/n)-chan and buchou were close friends. They were friends since childhood. And also, (l/n)-chan is the type of person that is good at faking smiles. Meaning that she probably looked happy for buchou when he told her the news that day, when she was actually heart broken," the vice-captain of the team said.

They regulars saw Kuranosuke and Minami walking out from the coffee shop. They looked so happy and care-free. They were holding hands and laughing. The regulars followed their captain and his love.

"Hey, Kura-kun..." Minami said.

"Yes?" Kuranosuke answered.

"I-I love you. I'm glad we both feel the same way. And I hope we will always be together!" Minami finished.

Kuranosuke smiled brightly. "Of course! I promise. Ecstasy!" he said. Minami laughed at his choice of words, specifically, "Ecstasy."

While the regulars were discussing and Kuranosuke was talking to Minami, you sat down on a bench and finished up your hot chocolate. You went to a nearby garbage can and threw away your cup. You sat back down and blew on to your hands, making them warmer.

You were thinking about the many fun times Kuranosuke and you had. And to be honest about him dating? You were happy for him. You really were. Although you were in love with him, it just didn't seem right to be angry at him. You just wished you couldn't confessed to him a little quicker. But it's okay now. They are dating and you just have to be supportive of their relationship.

And you couldn't bring yourself to hate Minami, after all, it's not her fault that Kuranosuke likes her, right? And the same way around, it's not Kuranosuke's fault that Minami likes him.

And so you stayed like this for a few minutes, mulling over thoughts like these. You felt you eyes prick with tears again. You just...you just loved Kuranosuke so much. And it hurt to know that you would never be able to be with him.