Chapter 5

A few days later, school started. As expected, everyone was is awe of the facts that Minami and Kuranosuke were dating. It wasn't a known fact that you liked Kuranosuke, but people probably had the idea in their heads since him and you were close friends.

You didn't wait for him in the morning. You knew he was with Minami. So you walked to school in silence, your thoughts consuming you.

"Sen~pai~!" you turned around at the entrance of the school to see Kintarou. You smiled at him and responded with a "hello!"

"(l/n)-senpai, buchou is dating someone. Aren't you sad?" he asked, straightforwardly.

You stopped in your tracks. You looked down at your feet and smiled sadly. Truthfully, you were still hurting. After all, only a few days had passed.

Kintarou stared at you and then realized what he had said.

"A-ah! Sorry senpai. Um, I didn't mean to! Honestly! I'm sorry!" he stared saying. You shook your head slowly and raised your head to meet his eyes.

"Don't worry about it. It's okay now. I'm just glad that he is happy now. He's always liked her!" you said, as cheerfully as you could. You then walked away from him into the school.

---

You were currently walking out to the courtyard with your lunch. You went to your favorite spot under your tree and stared eating. You weren't a "popular girl," but you did have a lot of friends. Because of that, many people thought that you loved to be around a lot of people, but truth be told, you did better when you were around a group of 4 or 5.

You sat down and stated eating. You absolutely loved (f/subject), so you took out your book and started reading. You loved reading about the (f/subject), so that's what you were doing.

You were reading your book- but not with all the concentration you had. It was simple. In the back of your mind, there was always something saying "Kuranosuke and Minami, Kuranosuke and Minami, Kuranosuke and Minami," and it was getting annoying.

You sighed and put down your book. You had finished your lunch, so you were fine. You got up and checked your watch.

"21 more minutes. I'll just walk around the campus, I guess," you thought to yourself.

So you did exactly that. You were coming around a corner when you heard some voices.

"Kuranosuke, I-I love you..." a voice whispered. You could already guess who it was. Minami.

You went a little forward and saw Minami and Kuranosuke looking at each other and smiling without a care in the world. You involuntarily clenched your shirt near your heart, where the pain from before was starting to come back.

"Mm, I love you too! I love you like the sun does to the moon," Kuranosuke said.

"If only I had been in Minami's pla-STOP!" you mentally yelled at yourself. You continued to watch then acting all lovey-dovey when you looked at your watch to see only 10 minutes left before class started.

"Kura-kun, Minami-chan, class is starting soon," you called out to them as you walked towards them. Kuranosuke and Minami jumped at your voice.

"A-ah. Thanks!" Minami said. They both walked away. You looked at their hands and saw that it was together. Your heart pained. Again.