Chapter 11

This is a link that may be helpful to those that are not familiar with Japanese weddings: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_in_Japan

---

Years had passed. You had already graduated college and passed through. You were a renowned psychologist, and a busy one. You made new friends and colleagues, and they were all friendly. Life was good.

You also didn't have a lover. Maybe it was silly, maybe it was crazy, but you still held on to him. Why? You asked yourself that many times. Many, many times. You would often think about how Minami and Kuranosuke were. They were happy and that's all that mattered. Occasionally, but very rarely, you'd go and see them. You were very much in contact with Minami, and same with Kuranosuke. They were married now, and had three children: twin girls and a younger girl. A family of girls.

Life was good for them too. Did your heart ever pain? Occasionally, yes. Did you still love Kuranosuke? That was a hard one. You think you did, but you didn't think about it too much. Why should you? They were together, forever, now.

You were actually at their wedding. It was beautiful. It was a traditional Japanese/Shinto wedding, and there were many happy tears. Did you cry? And was it happy or sad tears? No, you didn't cry there. You cried when you got home. No one was there to console you. During the wedding, it was so hard for you to smile. Smiling made your chest hurt. You thought all the pain had gone away over these years. But it didn't. In fact, it had begun to grow. But that was before.

Kuranosuke and Minami's children all looked the same. The older twin was older by 1 minute, while the younger girl was 2 years younger than the twins. The older twin's name was Manaka, the other twin's name was Yuri, and the younger girl's name was Sawako. They were beautiful girls. They also called you "auntie," which kind of hurt. You wanted to be called "Mommy..."

But you didn't think too much. Why should you? Most people would think that it was time to give up; to move on. You had given up a long time ago, but it was the moving on part that was hard for you. There was one man at your work that had asked you to be his girlfriend, but you refused. Politely, of course.

Ever since then, you focused on your work. You were aiming to be one of the top 10 (f/career) in the country, and then make yourself known around the world. You wanted people to get better; to live happily.

There was actually one woman you met, whose story was the exact same of yours.

How did you help her if you went through the exact same thing, and couldn't move on? Actually, you don't exactly remember. But it's alright. She's better now.

And you were going to make sure to move on. "Move on," you thought to yourself. "That's what I'll do..."