Chapter 12

(f/n) means first name.

---

Life was good. It became better. Years and years passed and everything was fine now. Kuranosuke, Minami, their children; it didn't bother you. Good for you.

You didn't fall in love, as promised. You'd watch from afar, as always. But it didn't matter anymore. You had moved on and were fine.

You were now 74 years old. You were fit and fine for a person your age. You were looking through your yearbooks, and stopped briefly to look at the pictures of Minami, Kuranosuke, and you. You smiled. It was a nice past.

The phone rang and you picked it up. "Hello?" you asked.

"Hi (f/n)-chan. Want to come over today?" Minami asked, on the otherwise of the phone. You answered with an energetic yes and walked over to her house. Well, Kuranosuke's house too, of course.

You greeted them at the door. "Hello! How are you guys doing? Well actually, I saw you 3 days ago," you said.

"The kids are good, they are all grown up now! We have grandchildren, but you already knew that," Minami answered. You nodded our head and said, "Yup."

You had tea and lunch with them, and talked about the past and how far you guys had come. Then you remembered that you had never told Kuranosuke how you felt.

"Probably going to carry it with me to my deathbed," you thought. But it didn't affect your mood in any way. You were fine, it was fine. Everything was fine.

~13 Years Later~

You were in the hospital, on your bed. Kuranosuke and Minami were around you, as were your other friends and family. You were about to die. Yeah, nice words. But hey, all life ends. You looked at each face, smiling as you remembered the good and bad times with each person. You gaze lingered on Kuranosuke's face, and you debated whether or not to tell him. You bought for a bit and you finally came to a decision.

You would not tell him.

And so your life came to end. It was a good life, full of ups and downs and in-betweens. And you liked that. So you smiled when your heart stopped. Many shed tears, and a lot became really, REALLY sad. But everyone recovered.

You didn't regret anything. Nothing at all. And that's how you should end your life.

End