Chapter 4

This is a link to a website that tells you about the school year in Japan: http://web-japan.org/kidsweb/explore/calendar/april/schoolyear.html

---

You took deep breaths to calm yourself down and then you got up. You started walking around and...and what? There wasn't much to do. No, there wasn't, especially with the constant sadness tugging at your heart. What could you do? "Stop!" you told yourself. You weren't going to be consumed by those depressing thoughts.

As you walked around, the Shitenhouji regulars were still following Kuranosuke and Minami. They weren't saying much, rather, they were watching the couple act and and the same time think of what you were doing.

It was hard for the regulars to constantly watch their captain and Minami act so in love. Every one of them (excluding Kintarou, of course) had known that you had harbored feelings for Kuranosuke from the beginning. They all thought that you two would get together. Unfortunately for them, it didn't work out, did it?

---

You went back to the Christmas tree and stared up at it. "Kura...we used to be together every winter, every holiday...but now you're with your beloved. I wish I confessed to you sooner. I wish we were together. But Minami is a good person. She'll take care of you,"

"Yeah, that's right. Why would he need me anymore? I-I'm finished. He always liked Minami. I'm not going to do anything to her. After all, I don't want to be like those people from those books and movies who hurt the victim because of their jealousy," you thought to yourself.

"Ahhhhhh! This is such a problem! I should stop thinking about this!" you said out loud while stretching.

You got some weird looks so you looked away embarrassed. You walked home.

"School starts soon. Kuranosuke and Minami will probably be the talk of the town," you thought while smiling. Your heart hurt again.

You reached your house and took off your coat, gloves, hat and boots. Your parents were downstairs watching a movie. They always did that. During the winter when they were off from work, they always had a movie marathon.

You went downstairs and said "Hi mom, dad. I'll be in my room," to your parents. "Okay! We'll be watching movies. How's Kuranosuke doing?" they answered back.

"Ah, Kuranosuke has a girlfriend, so he is spending time with her," you said back.

Your parents stopped the movie. "...GIRLFRIEND?!" they asked surprised. You smiled. "Yep. He's all grown up now!"

You went up to your room before they could ask more questions. You took out your (f/activity) supplies and started (f/activity). But you couldn't concentrate. "Ku...ra..."