Chapter Two

2

"LOZZY!" Ella screamed at me from across the Atrium. I had repaired my eyes and voice as best I could, without taking too long. If anyone asked, I would say I needed to take a call. It's fine, no questions will be asked.

"ELLLAAA!" I screamed back, my signature smile plastered on my face, hiding all thoughts and feelings from the world.

Ella, it has to be said, was my best friend out of our group of six. Myself and Ella; Brooke and Jade; Phoebe and Kacey. Though none of them knew about my depression, however back when we were thirteen, I let slip to Ella that I self-harmed as a coping method. She hadn't taken it well due to her cousin, Jackie, actually committed suicide and claimed in her note it was a 'coping method'.

"Hey, Lozza," Cayden smiled at me as I sat down opposite him and next to Phoebe. Brooke, as always, was standing.

I laughed. It was a forced laugh, but a laugh nonetheless, "Hey, Cayden. What brings you over to our side?"

"Holly's being a bitch," Phoebe laughed, explaining it to me. It made perfect sense. Cayden and Holly had been 'On tings' for years now, Year Seven, to be more precise. You could never tell what went on, but we all suspected some Friends With Benefits scenarios. However, Cayden had dated Ella, and - at the time - Ella and Holly were close. The two IT girls everyone aspired to be like, just to know them personally was a privilege. Maybe that's how all my insecurities started. I'll never know.

"Nah!" Cayden denied. "Okay, a bit. She's been hanging around with that Year Eleven player for a while now," Jade snorted. "What?" Cayden demanded.

"You calling someone else a player? Come off it Cay, you're just as bad! The only person on this table you haven't dated is Lozza!" Jade claimed. It was true, I, out of the six of us, was the only one he hadn't actually dated.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Phoebe held up her hands. "He didn't date me!"

"Transition Day, Year Seven, honey," Ella commented, a smirk on her mixed-racial face.

"Well, he didn't date me." Kacey grinned, a knowing look on her face.

"Oh, Kacey, Kacey, Kacey. Last year, last term. He just wanted someone to help with the End of Year Exams." Brooke counteracted, her hazel eyes were sparkling with a new challenge.

"Jesus, so it's only Lozza?" Cayden asked, a smile tugging at his lips.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Yes, only me."

Cayden winked. "Hmm, interesting..."

"Don't." Both Ella and I said. Ella waved a freshly painted nail in his direction, a stony look on her face while I just glared at the boy.

"Why not?" Cayden whined.

Jade, Phoebe, Kacey and Brooke looked at me. I shrugged in response. "I'd rather not date ANOTHER idiot." I was referring to my Year Eight boyfriend of three months, Toby. While lovely enough to me, he was a total and utter dickhead.

Cayden clutched his chest. "I'm wounded! Man down!"

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes and glanced over in the direction of Holly and her posse. "Seems as if Holl-Doll is alone," Kacey coughed. "Sorry, HELL-Doll. Why don't you go talk to her and quit trying to pull one of us."

Cayden glared at me. "So what, Loz? I can spend time with my Chicas if I want, right?"

"Ew," Phoebe choked on her Dr Pepper. "Never call us that again."

"My BAE's?" Cayden tried again.

Kacey shook her head.

"Buffies?" Even Jade sighed.

"Look, if you liked us so much, you wouldn't ditch us for those slappers." Ella aimed at Cayden, not even looking at him. She was too busy admiring her cheese and tomato sandwich.

"Yeah. Come off it, you just use us." Brooke said. Even though she's short, she can be scary.

"Nah, not use. I'm just trying to get close to Lozza. That's my challenge for this term," I groaned at the prospect. "You'll love me soon, Lozza, mark my words." With that, Cayden uped and left.

The whole table erupted into chaos.

"HE LIKES YOU!"

"Aw, you'd be so cute, Loz!"

"Your kids would be adorable..."

"Alie!"

"Oi, shut up!" Brooke exclaimed, the only one not joining in. "So, Cayden is trying to move Lozza. What are we going to do?"

"I can handle him myself, Brooke. He's a twat and all, but is never physically mean." I commented.

"So you like him?" Brooke fired back.

"No, I'm just saying that I can handle him."

"GUYS!" Ella shouted, before Jade could reply. "I have an idea!" She had a massive grin on her face, "Lozza, love you, but get lost. Phoebe, get Cayden!"

Author's Note:

No, I'm not that confused with the days. 

Chapter One was stupidly short so TAH-DAH! Chapter Two on a Thursday! There will be an update at the weekend too.

ALSO! CASTINGS! HELP!

Comment Here ---->

Thanks :)

-Hannah x