Chapter Twelve

12

The four of us reached the destination within the hour, due to Jordan's speed behind the wheel.

I found out that Jordan was the oldest of the three, being seventeen already, due to his September birthday. Then came the passenger - Zidan - who was also seventeen, but his birthday was in February, unlike Jordan's September. Finn was the baby of the group, turning seventeen in August.

During the tense car ride of me not speaking and the other three practically laughing at anything that moved. Who needed an immature thirteen-year-old brother when there were three oddly attractive yet immature seventeen-year-olds to have as company?

"C'mon, Lauren," Finn teased once we'd pulled up outside some form of bar.

"No, I refuse to go inside a bar." I snapped.

Zidan laughed, "Why? You scared?"

"Yes," I pouted. "I'm a fifteen-year-old female in the company of three seventeen-year-old boys who are going to ditch me at the first chance," I held onto the seatbelt for dear life, "So yes, my kidnappers, I'm scared."

Jordan howled with laughter, "It's okay, Precious, Regan's in there... Somewhere."

"Leave her alone," Finn scolded, trying to cover up his own laughter. "Re works behind the bar, Lauren, it's all fine."

I rolled my eyes. "Why should I trust you, Finley?"

Finn's eyes widened as he clutched his chest. Jordan let out a low whistle.

"Did she really just call you that?" Zidan laughed.

"Yes, boys, I did," I confirmed, winking at an uncomfortable Finn. "Aw, you ashamed of the name your mummy gave you?"

"No!" Finn exclaimed. "No one's called me that for years,"

"He's getting emotional," Jordan translated.

I smiled and patted Finn's arm, "Okay, I'll get out."

I had just reached for the door handle when Finn grabbed my wrist. "Are you sure?"

"Of course, your brother must have good reasons for letting you and your friends take me."

Finn looked down into his lap.

"Finn... Did he want to see me?"

"Yes! He did!" Finn defended himself. "He just didn't exactly say it..."

"What are you trying to tell me?" My eyes bore into his. Finn had to avert his gaze multiple times.

There was a woosh of cold air, then arms pulling me out of the car and away from Finn.

To my horror, both Jordan and Zidan were in a similar situation. Both boys had another, older, stronger, male keeping them on the floor. Each of them shook their heads, making me wonder how many times this had actually happened. I was carelessly chucked over to where Jordan and Zidan were kept, however, I had no one actually keeping me there. The captives obviously knew that I couldn't exactly escape.

"HOW MANY TIMES, FINN?!" A voice shouted, from the other side of the car. I recognised that voice.

I glanced at the boys sat next to me and they nodded.

"Keep your voice down!" Finn hushed.

"WHY?! SCARED YOU'RE GONNA SCARE HER OFF?! YOU NEED TO STOP ACTING SO EGOTISTICAL, FINN!"

"Wait," I whispered to Zidan, who happened to be sat next to me. "Who's this about?"

"You," Zidan replied before yelping in surprise when a boot kicked him in his lower back. I almost laughed until the same thing happened to me.