Chapter Fourteen

14

"Oh Cayden!" A cheery voice penetrated my sleep and woke me up instantly. I rolled over to check my phone, finding that it was nearly noon already.

Honestly, I've never been much of a morning person, which explains why the voice - Callie - received the glare she did.

"Christ, calm down," She laughed, not bothered in the slightest at my presence. "Have you seen my brother?"

I shook my head and snuggled back down under the covers, cueing Callie to leave.

"Hey," Cayden's sleepy voice murmured from under the duvet. His eyes were half closed, but he knew I was there.

"Whatever," I muttered, closing my eyes, turning away and trying to sleep.

"Lauren, wake up," He tried again, hugging me from behind and nibbling at my ear. "I think Mum wants to see you,"

I swatted him away but didn't give in. He laughed at my desperate attempts to fall back asleep.

"Please?" He asked, planting a kiss on my forehead. "Just get up, Sweetie. It's noon."

I let out a low groan and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

There was a smirk plastered to Cayden's lips. "Come on, Baby, the mother-in-law awaits.

"We're not married," I growled getting out of bed and tying my hair up again into a neater ponytail. "Why are you such a morning person?"

"I'm just happy," He exclaimed, coming over to me and kissing my cheek then making his way to my lips. Suddenly, he drew away. "Come on."

-

"Oh, you're up now?" A tall blonde woman asked from the sink, her back to us. Cayden didn't let go of my hand. He knew I wanted to run away.

"Yes, Mum, we're awake." Cayden answered.

"I know, Callie's been awake for ages," His mum sighed and turned to face us. She gasped in surprise to find her son and my fingers intertwined. "Oh, hello?"

"Hi," I said meekly. "I'm Lauren..."

"Lauren!" His mum exclaimed as if suddenly remembering. "Hello Sweetie, I'm Mrs Smith. But, please, call me Cathy."

"Hello, Cathy," I said, laughing in my head at the reference to the now Caitlyn Jenner.

Cayden nudged my side, knowing what I was thinking. He turned to leave, "Thought I should introduce you--"

"Uh, not so fast Mister," Cathy cut Cayden off. "I want to have a little talk with your girlfriend," I blushed lightly. "And you're staying."

"OOH!" Callie's voice joined in from the doorway. "Interrogation time?" She asked, covering the mouthpiece of her mobile. "I'll see you tomorrow, Kylie. I have to make my brother as uncomfortable as possible." Callie smirked then hung up the phone.

I gulped as all eyes turned to me, "What do you want to know?"

"How did you two get together?" Callie asked, sitting on the island in the middle of the kitchen.

"It's quite a long story..." Then we both explained.

-

"Aw!" Callie exclaimed, pinching Cayden's cheeks at the end of the story. "That's so sweet!"

His mum, Cathy, raised a brow, "You asked her out so you could make this Holly girl jealous? Then lied to Lauren?"

Cayden's cheeks went slightly pink, "Yeah, I did... But she wouldn't go out with me otherwise."

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes, "You just want to seem modest."

Cathy laughed, "You know him so well. He's a cocky little madam at times."

"I've known him nearly four years, I'd be quite upset if I didn't know him that well," I laughed.

Cayden glared at me, "Don't bum lick my mother!"

"I'm not bum licking anyone, Baby," I countered with a wink. "Unless..."

"EW!" Callie exclaimed, covering her ears. "I should not be hearing two fifteen-year-olds talk like this!"

Cayden snickered, "Sorry Cals, but you better get used to it,"

"Hold your horses, mister," I said, putting a hand out, "Don't get too over-excited."

"Exactly," Cathy joined in. "I'd rather not have a grandchild right now, thanks Kiddos."

Cayden's eyes widened. "Whoa, Mother. We've had Sex ED, we know what we're doing."

"Illegal." Callie commented.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Cayden raised an eyebrow at his sister.

Callie huffed. "It's illegal for you two to actually do anything."

"What? So this is illegal?" Cayden asked, getting up and walking over to me.

Before I had time to react, he grabbed my face and gently placed his lips on mine. After a few seconds, he drew away and looked at Callie.

"Is that illegal?" He asked, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Do you want a drink, Lauren?" Cathy interjected from the fridge. I hadn't realised she'd stood up.

"Um, no thank you," I said, pushing Cayden away.

"Ooh!" Cayden exclaimed suddenly, clapping his hands. "When can I meet your parents?"

I choked on my own saliva, "Excuse me? You're willingly offering to meet my father who could skin you alive?"

"Yeah! You've met my family, I wanna meet yours!" He beamed at me.

"You know Elliot and you've seen my parents from school. There, you've met everyone."

Callie looked at me, "Why can't he meet your intimidates?"

"They're... Uh, kinda weird..."