Chapter Sixteen

16

"How was the chat with my dad?" I whispered to Cayden as we snuggled together on the sofa.

He shrugged. "Really protective. And violent. Said he'd kill me if I ever hurt you."

"He's just a bit like that. I would say sorry, but I warned you and you still wanted to come," I laughed. "Oh, and Mum wants your parent's number."

"Why?" Cayden's brow furrowed.

"She'd like to meet them," I clarified before bursting into laughter. "God, she sounds like you!"

"Oi, shut up." Elliot snapped, glaring at me from his position on the floor. He'd recently came back from Adam's and Mum made us all watch a film before dinner.

Elliot, of course, had chosen the film; Grown Ups; now that he fully understood the jokes. Don't get me wrong, I loved the film with a passion, but the fact that all I wanted to do was talk with Cayden, I was slightly peeved.

"No need to be so rude," I snapped back. "I was just talking with my boyfriend."

Elliot glared at me again before focusing his eyes on the television screen.

Cayden buried his head into my neck to muffle his laughter, causing me to whack his over the head with a pillow. "Don't get on Elliot's bad side, he's worse than Dad at times!" I whispered the warning in his ear causing him to laugh harder.

"Why don't you and your boyfriend take it upstairs?" Elliot paused the film and glared some more.

"We'd love to, but why don't you go upstairs or into the kitchen so we can have some privacy," I winked at Elliot.

My brother looked horrified. "You're not legal." He said simply.

"Neither are you, sweetie. I've seen you with that Olivia," Elliot's eyes widened even more. "So don't get any ideas. But I'd love to meet her..." I trailed off.

"Don't you dare talk to her!" Elliot shouted, jumping up. "No one needs to know we're related! You're the wacko in Year Ten with weird hair! I'm not having Liv know that!"

I smirked, "You worried about your rep, lil bro? I'm sure they've seen you and I walking to--"

"MUM!" Elliot shouted, running out of the room.

Cayden scowled at me, "That's just cruel."

"But we're alone," I grinned.

Cayden smirked and took either side of my face and came closer towards me, "You're right."

Then our lips collided.

Sparks flew as we kissed gently, savouring the moment, rather than rushing it. I wrapped my arms round his neck and his went around my waist, I shifted and straddled his lap. Our mouths moved in perfect harmony.

He nipped at my bottom lip but I didn't let him enter. He smirked against me and then ran his hands up and down my back. I inhaled sharply and he took the invite, slipping his tongue in.

In any normal cirumstance, I would've glared at him till he appologised for his behaviour.

But, obviously, I didn't. What sort of fool would I be if I did?

"Hello Ella, dear," I heard Mum's distant voice.

Cayden's arms pulled me closer towards him.

"Lauren? Yeah, she's home, at last,"

I ran my hands through his soft, blonde hair.

"OH MY GOD!" Mum screamed.

Cayden and I drew apart in a flash, breathing heavily.

He had a smirk plastered on his face and I knew I had gone beetroot red.

"Hey, Mum," I smiled.

Mum gulped and looked at where I was sat. Only then did I realise I was still on his lap.

"Oh," I muttered, shuffling down and off his legs so I stood up at the end of the sofa, turning away from the smirking Cayden. "Is that Ella on the phone?"

Without answering, Mum handed me the phone with wide eyes and rushed out of the room.

I mentally face-palmed. Even though Dad hadn't seen, he'd know within seconds.

"Elle?" I asked into the phone, frantically trying to cool my burning face down.

"Hey... Lozza... I'm so sorry about last night. So, so sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. I--" Ella started, it sounded as if she'd been crying.

"Whoa, whoa, Elle. It's fine, I was rash, I shouldn't have ran out. Honestly, I don't know what Mother Dearest said but I wasn't wandering the streets. I crashed at Cayden's." I clarified.

Cayden's hand reached out and tried to drag me back onto his lap. I swerved and stood in front of the window, looking out, far away from where he was sat.

Ella let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, I'm so glad. But I'm truly sorry. The girls have all text, they left about an hour ago. I'll drop your stuff off. Sam's coming over so I'll make him drive me,"

"Ella, for god's sake, it's fine. Please stop appologising!" I waved my hands even though she couldn't see.

"But... Miss!" Ella exclaimed, her happy self again. I sighed, hopefully she'd quit her 'sorry'-ing. "What's this thing on Cayden's Instagram?!"

My brow furrowed in confusion. "What did you put on Instagram, Cay?" I asked, taking the phone away from my mouth.

He winked, "Just the picture from earlier,"

"Can I see!" I exclaimed, running over towards him and snatching the iPhone 5S out of his hands and going onto his page.

I almost squealed. We had taken loads, I didn't realised it was this one! We we sat side-by-side, his body facing into mine. I was smiling and Cayden was fake kissing my cheek, his arms around my waist and eyes twinkling.

That wasn't the best part though; the part that almost made me scream in happiness.

No. It was the caption.

MyWorld, MyQueen @LaurenGreene -insert world, heart, crown and padlock emojis-

"That's got to be the sweetest thing I've ever seen!" Ella shouted down the phone.

I handed Cayden's phone back, not looking at the comments to see hate on me.

"I know... Look, I know you don't really like him," I started and Cayden looked offended. I rolled my eyes. "But I do, and if you're a good friend, you'll accept that. I don't agree with you and Kian, so just do this for me. Elle?"

"I didn't think he was serious about it... Or you... I'm happy that you're happy, babes." Ella replied, she was obviously smiling.

I grinned at Cayden while he scrolled through the many comments he probably had on other photos. "I've got to go, but I'll see you at school. Love you,"

"Love you too." Ella said and then the line went dead.

Cayden looked up and quirked an eyebrow. "'Love you', really? Didn't peg you as that sort of girl."

"Oh shut up," I growled, throwing the phone on a near-by sofa and ripping Cayden's out of his hands to join it.

His eyes widened as I went back to my old position of straddling his waist.

I grabbed either side of his face and smashed our lips together fiercely.

After a few seconds, I pulled away. Cayden still looked shocked.

"That's for being amazing."

I think that's when I fell asleep.