Chapter Eight

8

"So, he's using you?" Regan asked, looking away from the road for a split second.

He had offered to drive me home as Ella was going back to Kian's for a bit and it was dark outside so Regan persisted.

"Well, yeah," I concluded. It had been fifteen minutes since I'd starting explaining about Cayden. Five of those were spent in slience while Regan burned holes into the tarmacked road.

"And you like this dick?"

"Basically," I muttered, looking into my lap in embarrassment.

"And Ella thinks he likes you too?"

"Pretty much. But he doesn't, obviously doesn't. Who would?"

Regan's eyes were trained on the road, "Don't put yourself down, you're gorgeous." He said for the second time that evening.

"It's kinda hard with my condition," I muttered under my breath, not thinking he'd hear.

"Lauren, it's obvious there's something wrong with you, mentally. What it is, I'm none the wiser."

I sighed and slammed my forehead into passengers door.

"WHOA!" Regan exclaimed, using his free hand to pull me away. "I never said you had to explain. I was saying I'm not stupid."

I let out a strangled cry.

"Lauren! Lauren honey! I know you're not feeling great, but come and say hi!" Mum called out from the landing outside my door.

"I don't want to!" My voice came out muffled from the pillow attached to my mouth to soften the sobs.

I heard Mum sigh, "Jamie's here. And Isabella! Jamie wants to talk to you, sweetie."

"Tell him to come up here if he wants to see me so desperately." I groaned like a typical teenager. Even at thirteen, I was acting older than my age.

"Fine!" Her reply came and the footsteps moved away from my door.

I flopped down onto the bed again with the pillow covering my face. The footsteps returned, two pairs this time.

"She's in there," Mum whispered, pushing the door open and shoving Jamie inside.

"Lozza?" He asked, then realised Mum wasn't there, "What are you doing, Idiot?"

"None of your business. Get out." I snapped, sitting up and glaring at him through watery eyes.

"No need to be so rude, Lozza. I know you don't really like me--"

"Understatement."

"But you need to start if you want to get him on side."

"Why do you want to help me?"

"You have issues and, really, there's no way Cayden would go out with you unless I put in some good comments, sweetie."

"GET OUT!"

The sobs were back. I buried my face in my hands. It wasn't as bad as some of the others, I was uncontrollably holding back in front of Regan. He hadn't seemed to notice as the car was still going at a fast pace, like he was rushing to get somewhere.

"Get out." He hissed once the car had stopped. The crying had subsided, I rubbed my eyes and looked around.

I hadn't been here before.

"Where are we?" I whispered. It was the only level I could talk at properly. I wiped my eyes.

"Never you mind." He said shortly and got out the car. Regan was round my side before I could argue.