Chapter Eleven

11

"Lauren, someone's here for--" Dad started, coming into my darkened bedroom. Poor man, he always seemed to get me when I was having a breakdown. "What's happened?"

He walked over and sat beside where I was shaking violently, silent sobs again, racking against my bones.

"Lauren, sweetheart, what's happened?" The bed sunk on one side.

"Who's here?" I took my hands away from my face, wiping my eyes quickly.

Dad shrugged. "A tall lad, quite good looking," He motioned randomly. Already given up with trying to talk.

"Send him up?"

"Study. Final offer." Dad said.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "Okay. I'm coming."

Dad's brown eyes widened. "Like that? There's a boy downstairs, Loz."

"Cayden's gonna have to get used to it," I heaved myself off the bed.

"You and Cayden together now? Aw!" Honestly, he's like the big sister I never had at times, along with Eleanor - Ella's nineteen-year-old sister.

"I don't know anymore, I think so," Dad stood up too.

"It gets better, kiddo. Honestly," He squeezed my shoulder and turned to leave. Just then, he spun back around, "Oh, by the way, it isn't Cayden at the door." Then he left.

I was taken aback. What other guy do I know that knows where I live? Obviously, there's Ella's brother, but he's ten. Kacey's twin, Kyle. Very unlikely, he hates me. Then there's Vince, Jamie and the rest of Cayden's mates. I'd be really surprised if Cayden had given away my address. Then there was the matter of why. Cayden's mates possibly for a chat about my bitch of a bestfriend who stabbed Cayden in the heart and twisted the knife. Or... Or to shout at me for letting her do that.

A massive sigh escaped my lips before walking downstairs to meet the mysterious man at my door.

"Lauren, baby!" The voice said and my heart stopped.

Oh great.

-

I sank down onto the spinny chair and rotated once round.

Again, I sighed.

"Lauren, hello." The male from the doorway said.

"Finn," I snapped. "Sit down then."

"Whoa, touchy. PMS, darling?" Finn asked, then sitting on the arm chair by the door.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want, Finn?"

"To talk about my brother," Finn winked and relaxed further back into the chair. "He wants to see you."

I laughed. "Why?" The tears were still fresh from before and there was no telling when they'd start to fall.

"And I have a few questions and things to say before I whisk you away to talk to him," He looked at me intently. "May I?"

I shrugged. "Whatever."

"Okay," Finn sat up a little straighter and bore his eyes right into mine. "Regan, low and behold, wants to meet up with you."

"Right?" My brow furrowed.

"Hmm," Finn looked into his lap, which I now saw contained a piece of paper. "He apologises for sending me as messenger... Blah blah. Also, he was wondering if--"

"Finn," I snapped, cutting him off. "Why are you here?"

He gazed at me intently, a smirk playing at his lips, as if trying to figure out the best way to tell me what he'd been sent to deliver.

I raised my in-need-of-work eyebrow as I rubbed my already sore eyes, waiting for an answer.

"Come with me, Gorgeous, Regan's waiting."

"Finn..." I started, voice only slightly louder than a whisper. "I'm with Cayden..."

"Oh, we know," Finn smiled.

"So, why--?" I managed to say before Finn cut me off.

"--Jesus, you're heavy!" He exclaimed, attempting to pull me up from the chair. Once realising that wouldn't work, he moved behind and tipped me out of the seat and on to the floor.

"Firstly, ouch. Secondly, never ever insult a young female's weight or you may never see her again." I grumbled, rubbing my knee and taking Finn's offer of helping me up.

Finn shrugged. "Tell Regan on me, Sweetheart. I've done worse to Kaylin."

That name again. Kaylin. For some unknown reason, it made me angry. Angry at this mysterious figure who played a massive role in Regan's life and seemingly shattered his heart into more pieces than I thought was possible.

Obviously, I'd never brought the name up or why it meant to much during conversation. But it would help me greatly if I knew who she was and what she did.

"Lauren?" Finn asked, an arm appearing round my waist.

Thanks to the crying session beforehand, I wasn't strong enough to hold up my own bodyweight. Sensing this, Finn let me lean quite heavily on his left side. This time, without a moan.

"Mm?" I asked, opening the front door. "DAD! I'M BEING STOLEN, I'LL CALL YOU LATER!" I shouted, Finn winced at my volume.

There was a grunt vaguely from the direction of the kitchen which I took as a good sign. "Not too late, please Lauren."

"Yes, Dad!" I shouted back, before turning back to Finn. "How did you even get here?"

Finn winked again, something I had grown used to. "I have friends who can drive."

-

"Helloo--" The male from the front seat started, turning around and facing me.

"No." Finn snapped, making him jump.

I was sat behind the drivers seat in a black Clio. Finn had opened the door and almost thrown me in, buckled the seatbelt for me then proceeded to go round the other side, behind the passengers seat.

"Whoa, what?" The first guy asked, dark green eyes wide in shock.

"She's emotionally unstable," He said, wincing as I punched him in the arm. "And has a boyfriend."

"You're not telling me she's really with your brother?" The driver asked. Even though I couldn't see him, I could sense he was rolling his eyes.

"Are you crazy?" The first guy asked, a howl of laughter escaping. "Wait, she isn't, right?"

"No." Finn snapped again.

"So, if you're not with Re-Re, who is the lucky guy?" The driver asked.

Finn looked at me, I shrugged and let him answer. "That's none of your business, Jordan." He aimed it at the driver.

Jordan shrugged. "Can you speak for yourself, darling?"

"Are you insulting my intelligence?" I asked, already on defence mode from the un-welcomed attack on Cayden.

The passenger's eyes widened. "Oh, wow. Um, Jordan, drive."

"But I was talking--"

"Drive." Both Finn and the passenger said harshly.