Sacrifice

This chapter may be a little longer than usual. Los of big things happening.

Song of the chapter: Hall of Fame by The Script

Gray P.O.V

When we arrived at Zeref's house, the huge front lawn was covered in Demons. It was going to take awhile to get inside.

"How the hell are we supposed to fight all of them?! Theres hundreds!", exclaimed Emerald.

"Easy. We shall formulate a quick plan. Emerald, Jonah, and the rest of the hunters shall fight outside, while, me, Caitlin, and Gray find a way inside and save Natsu", explained Heidi.

"Or I could do this", said Emerald producing a bazooka.

"When did you have time to get that?", asked Jonah.

"While Heidi was talking. Now move out of my way", she replied as she positioned herself.

Heidi P.O.V

We moved out of way, as she took aim. She pulled the trigger and a rocket came flying out of it, and landed in the middle of the crowd of demons with a huge explosion. The hunters took this as their chance and charged the demons, Jonah and Emerald included. A small group of demons broke of from the battle and headed for me, Caitlin, and Heidi.

I drew my sword ready for battle. Just as they reached us, a huge blast of ice-shards shot towards them, killing them. I looked over at the direction it came from and saw Gray with arms and hands covered in ice.

"Caitlin, cast an illusion so it looks as if we we're invisible", he ordered.

She nodded her head an cast the illusion. We slipped past the horde of Hunters and Demons and found a way inside. Once we were inside, she dropped the illusion.

"Gray, focus your hearing and see if you can locate Natsu", I ordered.

Gray P.O.V

I focused my hearing and sure enough, I heard him. But it sounded as if he were screaming. I ran towards the sound, turning every corner until I reached a door. By then the screams had stopped. I kicked the door off its hinges, and then I saw him.

He was hanging two chains that were connected to his hands. He was unconscious. He was naked and he had deep cuts all over him. He had a black eye, and it looked as if he had been raped. I sliced through his chains, and he crumpled in my body.

"He needs to work on his stamina", said a voice to my right.

I looked over and I saw him. Zeref.

"How could you? He didn't deserve this!", I yelled at him.

"It was his punishment", he replied.

I laid Natsu down carefully. I turned to face Zeref. A block of jagged ice formed itself around wrists. I charged at him, but he thrust out his hand, and a strong gust of wind threw me backwards. I went through the wall, and crashed into a bookcase. Zeref walked menacingly towards me. A black katana manifested in his hand. He raised it, ready to strike me.

Suddenly, a sword went threw his chest. It was pulled out, and he fell to his knees. I looked and saw that it was Heidi.

"Perfect timing as usual", I said.

She smiled and walked over to help me up. But, Zeref grabbed her foot, and she fell. He stood up and grabbed her leg. He spun her around and let go. She was sent flying down the hall, and hit the wall. Before she could recover, he teleported and appeared in front of her. He grabbed her throat ith one hand, and lifted her up. In his other hand, his katana reappeared in it. I raced towards them, but it was too late. He shoved the blade through her heart. She gasped, and Zeref let her go.