❧ Chapter 5

© All Rights Reserved To LuciaWrites

Chapter 4

.....

Cassie's POV

"Claire!" I sighed, "She's going to be pissed at me!"

"She probably will be!" Claire admitted. "You just have to own up to it."

"You're not helping." I whimpered into the phone.

"Cassie just go and freaking talk to your sister! She's going to be even more angry if you stall in your room the whole day. Don't give her time to overthink the situation in her head, just go and tell her the truth."

"I guess." I sighed again, sticking out my bottom lip even though she couldn't see it.

Claire was silent on the other end, so I said it again. "I guess."

Once again there was no response, so I smirked, and spoke again. "I gu-"

This time I was interrupted. "I'm hanging up now."

"No, don't!" I begged, laughing.

"You're so annoying, Cassie!" She groaned. "What did I just tell you?"

"That I'm annoying?" I grinned, playing with her a bit.

"I'm going to swear at you." She said seriously. I laughed, and she pushed me further. "Go tell her, Cass."

"I guess."

Then the line went dead.

I laughed, shoved my phone in my back pocket, and flopped back on my bed. "What should I do, Koda?"

My dogs ears perked at the mention of his name, and I smiled. "Hey boy?" I cooed. "What should I do?"

His tail started to wag and he trotted over to the side of the bed so that I could pet him. I sat up and scratched behind his ears. "You're such a good boy! Such a good boy!" I kissed him on the head before standing up, and walking towards the door.

"Here goes nothing," I said to myself before walking down the hall.

Alexa was sitting on the couch a glass of water in her hands as she watched Lincoln doddle around the room.

She made eye contact with me but dropped it immediately after. That was my first hint.

"Hey Lex," I spoke.

"Morning." She said curtly. That was my second hint. She was pissed.

Luckily Lincoln noticed the elephant in the room, and waddled over to me. "Hi sweetpea!" I chirped, picking her up, and kissing her on the forehead. I placed her down on the ground right away, and took another step towards where Alexa was standing. "We should talk..."

"About how you were left alone with my child and you abused your power by getting drunk? Yeah, sure Cass! Let's talk about it! What the hell were you thinking?"

I stood there with wide eyes, and my heart started to beat faster.

"Why was he even here? And why did you let him stay? Let alone have a drink?" She rambled. "And why did you see him twice yesterday?

"Can I just explain?" I begged.

"Please!" She rolled her eyes.

"Yesterday, I saw him at my school, because he know's my art teacher. And he said some not so nice things, so he just dropped by to apologize." I decided to leave out the small details of our afternoon together, because if Alexa knew that we stopped by the Mental Asylum, she would end up checking in there herself. "And when he rang the doorbell he woke Lincoln up, and you didn't leave any milk in the fridge, so I had no way of putting her to sleep-"