❧ Chapter 6

© All Rights Reserved To LuciaWrites

Chapter 6

.....

Cassie's POV

I leaned my elbows on the counter, looking around the apartment for one last check to make sure everything was set up.

Nail polish on the table, along with face masks, hair ties, junk food, pop, movies. Anything you could name to aid a spa night, it was there. All I needed was Claire.

And where was she? Late, of course. When we first became friends in grade seven, I learned quite fast that Claire was easily distracted, and a bit slow when it came to getting ready. These factors, when put together, make for a terrible combination. Claire is always late. It doesn't matter where she's going, or what she's doing, she can't be somewhere on time, or early, to save her life.

Even though this flaw drives me absolutely insane- me being the exact opposite of her, always early- I learn to cope with it because she's my best friend, and I love her to death.

After fifteen more minutes of parading around the apartment in my sweatpants and tank top, Claire finally bursted in the door.

"The party can start now." She smirked, setting down her three bags on the counter. She was adorned in a red flannel and leggings, not a spot of makeup on her face, just like me.

"That it can," I grinned back.

"Where'd ya kick the sis off to?" She asked, unpacking all her things.

"They took Lincoln to Louis' parents, and they went out on a date, but don't worry, they'll be out late. I told them no earlier than 1."

"Amazing!" Claire exclaimed dragging out the a. "I trust you've picked good movies?"

I stepped back and picked up the cases off the table. "Of course!" I show cased the movies with the determination of a model, and Claire rolled her eyes at me.

"Stop doing that, it makes your mouth look big." She complained.

"You hoe!" I squealed back, throwing the movies down on the couch.

Claire stifled a laugh. "Call me what you want, but at least I'm not dating a twenty two year old!"

"Who are you to talk?" I fired back, jokingly. "You're the one pining after our art teacher!"

"Oh my goodness! I am not pining!" She exclaimed.

"You definitely are!" I sat down on the couch and she moved beside me, all of a sudden, quite quiet.

"It's not pining if he might happen to return some of the feelings." She whispered.

Wait, what? Return some of the feelings?

"Oh no, Claire..." I mumbled.

"I know, I know! But Cassie, I really, really like him. This isn't just a stupid crush because I think he's hot, I like him. Like I want to date him like him."

I wanted so badly to say, "He's your teacher!" But I knew she had already said it to herself enough times. She looked genuinely sad about her situation.

"What happened to make you realize this?" I asked her.

"After you left with Harry, there wasn't many people in class. I finished my project, and we got talking, he showed me his portfolio. God, Cassie. It's beautiful, he makes the most gorgeous art. I like him." She whimpered.