❧ Chapter 12

© All Rights Reserved To LuciaWrites

Chapter 12

.....

  ❧Cassie's POV

1 month and 25 days.  Harry had gone 1 month and 25 days without speaking to me. Not even so much as a simple hello, or goodbye. I would come to work and he'd see me, and he would look in the other direction. Our last real conversation was after the power outage on my first day of work. He'd been so mad at me then, and apparently he still is now.

I remember exactly how he expressed his anger as well. He yelled. He pulled at his hair. His eyes were a darker shade of what they would have usually been, his pupils dilated to the point where the pretty jade color was swallowed up.

When his outburst finally brought me to tears, that was when he lowered his voice, and told me that he knew I didn't have anything to do with the missing evidence. He just didn't understand why I had to put my nose in business that had nothing to do with me.

His irritation towards me most likely would have faded by now. That is if I could have kept my mouth shut.

"Cassandra, I understand, I know that you had nothing to do with the stolen evidence. But why do you insist on poking around in things that have nothing to do with you?"

"Because, Harry! From how you've made it sound, I do have something to do with this! Excuse me for wanting to know all that you've kept from me, but still asked me questions about! I know what you think, I know that you think my mom had something to do with what happened to your mom, but she didn't, okay? Not everyone's life is as messed up as yours, Harry!"

And that was when he left. He stared at me for a moment- and this was when steam would have been blowing from his ears if he was a cartoon character- and then, he turned around, and walked out.

Harry has only been in my life for a short period of time, and being without him, honestly, it sucked. It's crazy how little he has done, but how much time I've consumed thinking about him. As much as I would like to deny that I missed him, I can't. For some odd reason, despite whatever bad, or annoying or rude thing he does to me, I like him.

He's told me numerous times he thinks I'm a child, he thinks I'm annoying, he thinks I'm nosy, all these things... Normally if someone told another person that they thought of them this way, the other person would dislike them. But with Harry? No! Go ahead, insult me, it only makes me like you more! Messed. Oh, and one more thing to add to the list of reasons I shouldn't like Harry, I have a boyfriend.

I want to hate him. I really, really do. Because if I did, then after I said that terrible thing, I could have watched him leave without feeling guilty or upset with myself. But because I have the feelings I do for him, seeing him at work everyday nearly drove me over the edge.

But now, it's a month 25 days later, on Boxing day, and here Harry is, walking around in my house, acting as if nothing ever happened.

I watch as he parades around the house in his ugly Christmas sweater, giving everyone hugs. When he makes it to me, I expect him to walk right past, but surprisingly, he opens his arms and envelops me in them, murmuring a "Hi, nosy." Into my ear.

I'm about to respond, when he pulls back, and keeps talking. "Long time no talk. I like your sweater."

"Thanks." I reply stiffly. "Would you like to speak in private?"

He nods, and waits for me to lead him somewhere. I'm about to open the door to my room, when I remember my dog is in there, and will probably try to escape if I open the door, so I opt for the bathroom.