❧ Prologue

© All Rights Reserved To LuciaWrites

Prologue

[Warning: Gruesome And Disturbing Content]

.....

Small tears escaped my eyes as I sat cross legged on the basement floor. I tried to muffle the weeps coming from my mouth, but they still caught the attackers attention. His head whipped towards me, and I immediately looked at my feet.

"Hush, hush, love." He said, voice laced with a sickening kindness. "You're not the one that's going to die." The man added.

I heard the heartbreaking sound of my mothers sobs when the word was mentioned. I dared to look up at her. She was lying on the ground, silver duct tape wrapped around both her wrists, and ankles. Her body was stripped of all her clothes except her undergarments. The white silk of her bra and panties was now splotched with patches of grey from the dirt covered cement floor.

"Please! Don't kill me!" She begged.

The perpetrator chuckled. "Give me one good reason not to!" He demanded. "You deserve this, you bitch! If you give me one good reason, of why I should spare your life- I swear, I will walk out that door right now, and you will never see me again. Give me one fucking reason!"

The loud tone his voice portrayed caused me to shake, my bones chilled with fear. A frown etched its way onto my blank face, and I silently prayed that whatever cause my mother could think of would be enough to make the man decide against harming her.

"I have a family, my children need me." My mom spoke, her voice just above a whisper.

I couldn't push away the curiosity, even despite my fear. I looked up at the man. My eyebrows knitted together in confusion, I had expected to see some sort of emotion printed onto his face, but instead, a large white mask covered his features. The eyes were squinted in delight, but behind them, I could see the orbs of the sick creature. They were black. There was no separation between his pupils and his iris'. The mouth of the white ceramic was turned up in an joyous, yet scary smile. It was a comedy mask.

My mothers attacker threw his head back, and a deep laugh echoed throughout the room. "Trust me, they are much better off with out you." He continued to laugh as he pulled out a long, dagger-like knife. Golden swirls wrapped around the black leather handle many times, and the silver blade had to be close to ten inches long.

"Shall we get started?"

I watched in frightful anticipation as the killer neared my mother, he knelt down at her side as she continued to beg for her life.

"Are you kids ready for the show?" He asked.

I wanted to close my eyes, but I couldn't, I wanted to scream, but no words made it past the knot in my throat.

The dagger pressed into her stomach, and I watched as the skin broke beneath its sharp pressure. Once it was inserted deep in her skin, he dragged it in a straight line all the way to the other side of her stomach.

I tried my hardest to scream through the pressure building in my lungs. "No! Stop! Please! You'll kill her! You're a monster!"

The masked man pulled the knife out, and moved it up a bit further, before pushing it back into her skin, and repeating his brutal process.

I screamed again, my heart and head physically aching at the sight in front of me.

He dragged one more line across my mothers stomach, and then got to his feet. "Wasn't that fun?"

I was incapable of taking my eyes off of my mother, her eyes were closed- no, longer blinking, and her stomach was flat- no longer breathing. Dead.

My sobbing stopped when an unfamiliar tune filled my ears.

"Sally go round the roses,

Sally go round the roses,

Hope this place can't hurt you,

Roses they can't hurt you,

Sally don't you go, don't you go downtown,

Sally don't you go-o, don't you go downtown,

Saddest thing in the whole wide world,

Is to see your baby with another girl,

Sally go round, oh Sally don't you go,

Sally don't you go, don't you go downtown,

Oh, don't you go downtown,

Saddest thing in the whole wide world,

Is to see your baby with another girl."

I wiped my tear stained cheeks as the attacker finished singing his song, and once again knelt down beside my mom. He wiped the bloody wounds clean, leaving three long crimson lines across her stomach, before long, his fingers probed against my mothers eyelids and lips, leaving her with a bright, wide eyed smile on her face.

I tucked my head in between my legs, unable to look anymore.

I heard footsteps coming towards me, and panic filled my thoughts, and I rocked myself back and forth, I didn't want to be next!

Confusion crossed the panic when the thudding went right past me and my sister, and instead- went straight up the stairs.

"Saddest thing in the whole wide world, is to see your baby with another girl."

Those were the last words I heard before the door slammed. I immediately turned towards my sister. "We need to go, we have to run!" I told her, shaking her by the shoulder.

Her eyes were locked on the sight across the room that I didn't dare to look at once more. "We need to go!" I said again, but still, no response.

With one more tearful blink, I slowly turned my head towards my mothers dead body.

My mouth dropped, and a sobbing sound escaped my parted lips. Her arm was stretched out to us, and her index finger was up, while the other were folded. A number one. But that wasn't it, oh no, there was something, on her face...

The tragedy mask.

.....

A/N: Hi everyone! I understand that this Prologue is a bit disturbing, and I am sorry for that. The rest of the story will not be this way- although there are no promises that some gruesome and disturbing content won't show up again, but I will for sure give you a warning, just like I did at the top there. Anyways, I really hope that you enjoyed this, and remember to Vote/Comment/Fan, it would mean a lot! Love you all! -LUCIA