❧ Chapter 1

© All Rights Reserved To LuciaWrites

Chapter 1

.....

Cassie's POV

The sound of my dog's ginormous paws hitting the floor awoke me. I shot up in my bed, and blinked a couple times, clearing my cloudy vision.

Koda ran out of my room- much to my dismay- and I groaned, kicking off the blankets to chase after him.

As I jogged through the hall, a mix of noises filled my ears. Koda's deep bark. My sisters viscous yell. But in particular, my two year old neice's high pitched screeching.

I yanked open the door to her room, and pulled Lincoln out of her crib. She continued to cry, but rested her head on my shoulder. "It's okay, it's okay!" I whispered to her.

"Cassandra! Your dog!" Alexa screamed.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back.

My sister held Koda by his collar as he lunged and lunged towards an unknown person behind the door.

"Koda! Stop, sit!" My loud voice caught his attention. He quit his barking, and trotted back towards me. "Sit." I repeated, and he obeyed. "Sorry about that..." I mumbled. "Bad boy."

"Jesus, Cassie. Control your dog."

"He... I thought-" My eyes caught on the 'someone' behind the door, who I hadn't been able to clearly identify before.

He had dark brown curly hair, and olive green eyes that faded to a jade as they neared the middle. He had strong facial structures, and a charming smirk plastered on his face. "Cassandra, right?"

Oh, as if he needed anything to make him more attractive. His voice was deep, and pleasurable to listen to. He had a raspy tone, and a strong British accent.

"Cassie." I corrected him. "You are?"

He laughed through his nose, and grinned at me. "I'm Harry Styles."

Alexa reached out for Lincoln and I handed her over. "He was just leaving, Cassie. I'm sorry he woke you."

"S'okay." I gave her a small smile, and looked back towards Harry.

He didn't look as content as he did before. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were caught on his feet. "I wasn't done talking to you, Alexa." He said sternly.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What were they even talking about?

"And I told you that I was done talking to you." She shot back, just as angered.

"Alexa, do you want me to go and get Louis?" I asked her, referring to my sisters sleeping fiancé in hopes of warning off Harry.

"No.That won't do any good. Just get rid of him." She told me. "I'm going to try and get Lincoln back to sleep."

I nodded, and turned to face Harry. Koda barred his teeth, and let out a quiet growl. "Shut up." I snapped at him, making Harry chuckle.

"I think you should go..." I informed him.

He sighed heavily, and nodded. "I know, I'm sorry I woke you... And your dog." He smirked. "Just tell your sister that we need to talk."

"It's alright. And I will." I replied, shutting the door. I twisted the lock, and headed back for my room, Koda following closely behind.

"What happened, Cassie?" A males voice startled me.

I turned back towards my sisters room, and saw Louis leaning in the doorway. Sweatpants were slung low on his hips, and his hair was all messed up.