❧ Chapter 8

© All Rights Reserved To LuciaWrites

Chapter 8

.....

Cassie's POV

"Apologize peasant."

Relief flooded me, and I felt as a large weight had been lifted off my shoulders as soon as Claire flung herself down onto my bed.

She closed her eyes and grinned up at the ceiling, expecting me to spill my remorseful guts to her. And I did.

A smile broke out on my face and I rolled on top of her, resting all of my weight on her body. I dug my arms into the covers to wrap them around her, and rested my head on her shoulder. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean anything I said, I was a b.itch. I love you, and I promise I'll never say anything like that to you again."

Although I couldn't see her, I could just tell that the muscles on her face were turned upright. "And?" She egged on.

I furrowed my eyebrows in thought. "And... I love you?"

"And?" She repeated.

I spread my lips in a grimace as I thought of what else she might want me to say. "And, I'm sorry?" I said again, stupidly.

"My goodness, you're clueless." She let out a breathy laugh, and I smiled. "Say you'll go to the party with me."

My head immediately withdrew from her shoulder, and I rolled off her. "Claire..." I said hesitantly.

"Cassie. It will be fun." She turned onto her side to get a better look at me. "You owe me this for calling me mean names." She pouted her lips, and used a baby voice, making me laugh.

"Ugh." I groaned, covering my eyes. Claire knew I felt guilty, and she was preying on that. "I know what you're doing."

"Mhm." She grinned, "Is it working?"

I peeked through the spaces in my fingers at her, and couldn't help the laugh that broke out. The cheesiest smile I had ever seen was plastered on her face, and she looked at me with bright eyes. "Oh god. Fine." I finally gave in.

Now it was her turn to squish me. She launched herself off her elbow and flat out onto me.

...

I hummed along to the music playing on my iPhone doc, as I stuffed more things into the overnight bag I planned to bring to Claire's.

I picked a pair of pajama shorts out of my drawer and turned to put them in my bag, when I saw Koda's ears perk up. "What is it boy?"

He sat up in his bed, and looked back and forth between me and the door. I giggled at him, and opened the door for myself and him, wanting to see what exactly was bugging him.

He followed me out into the living room, where I was greeted by Louis, and a friendly looking blonde boy. I instantly took hold of Koda's collar, stopping him from jolting forward at our guest.

"Hi," He chirped.

My mouth dropped, and I attempted to cover the rapidly growing smile on my face with my hand.

"Is this the lass that I talked to on the phone the other day?" He smiled, jabbing a thumb in my direction.

"Is this Niall?" I frantically asked Louis. He nodded, tilting a bottle of beer up to his mouth. As silly as it was, I was really hoping I would get to meet Niall one day soon. I remember thinking about how cute he sounded on the phone, and I was pleased to report that his looks did live up to his voice, and personality.  "He's adorable!" I blurted out.