❧ Chapter 3

© All Rights Reserved To LuciaWrites

Chapter 3

.....

Cassie's POV

I sat on the floor with my back against the wall. Each minute I awaited Harry's return, I grew more annoyed. All the things I would much rather be doing swam around in my head, teasing me.

"Can I help you, miss?" I looked up to see a nurse in her mid thirties staring down at me.

"Um, no. I'm just waiting for someone." I replied, with a smile.

"Well, could I help you find that person? What's their name?"

"Uh, Harry Styles." I said.

"Oh!" She nodded. "Harry. His sister had another panic attack. He ran up there like a maniac a couple minutes ago. Unless he decides to stay for a while, he should be down pretty soon. Would you like me to take you up there?"

"Oh, uh, no thank you." I waved my hand. "That's fine."

"Okay." She smiled. "Have a nice day, miss."

Replaying what she said over in my mind, I furrowed my brows. Sister? I stood up, and grabbed her wrist. "Wait!"

She gave me strange look, and I gently released her wrist.

"Can you tell me more about his sister?" I asked.

"Patient information is confidential." She sternly informed me.

"I know, I just meant little details... Like her name? And is she a, uh, patient here?"

The nurse sighed loudly, and rolled her eyes. "Her name is Meredith Styles. Merie for short. And yes, she is a patient." She turned to leave once again.

"Thank you." I called after her. "Sorry to bother you."

She looked back at me for the last time and smiled. "You're welcome. And if anyone asks you... I did not tell you any of that."

I nodded in response, and resumed my old position against the wall. Bored and very curious, I pulled out my phone, and went to the safari app. After hitting the search bar, and typed in the name 'Merie Styles'. I wasn't expecting much, and I didn't get much either. A couple Facebook profiles, and a couple Twitter personalities again. I went back into the search bar, and typed in 'Meredith', instead of 'Merie'.

Surprisingly, I was rewarded with much more this time. A lot more...

"Tragic Murder Of Navy SEALS' Wife Leaves 2 Young Children (7, & 10) With No Mother"

"Brutal Murder Of 35 Year Old Mother Leaves Children And Navy SEAL Husband Devastated"

"Truly Disturbing Murder Of 35 Year Old Mother Leaves The City Frightened"

I eagerly clicked on the first link, desperate to know more about what happened to this family.

"Tragic Murder Of Navy SEALS' Wife Leaves 2 Young Children (7, & 10) With No Mother [August 25, 1999]"

"Late Friday night, a 911 operator received a call from a very frightened 7 year old. He claimed his mother was just murdered in front of him and his older sister. Police were sent to the scene immediately and were utterly shocked when they found the body. Truly horrifying things were proceeded on the young woman that was murdered. Police won't release any details other than that. 'We're doing everything on our power to find the psycho that did this.' Said Deputy John Howard. Police have no suspect in custody at this time."