❧ Chapter 11

© All Rights Reserved To LuciaWrites

Chapter 11

.....

Cassie's POV

Nerves struck me the moment I stepped into the police station. I looked around again, taking in the familiar, but no so familiar place. My eyes landed on the secretary. She gave me a bright smile. "Hi, Ms. Elton!"

I gave her a small wave, and she held up a key chain. "Harry brought this forward this morning, he told me to tell you to go right on back!"

"Thank you!" I took the chain from her, and put it around my neck. I began the small trek to the CN office at the back. Leaning down, I scan the card in the slot, and wait for it to open. I hear the small click and let myself in. I scanned the room, not finding Harry.

My eyes catch on the office at the back of the room. The one to the left with the blinds closed. My feet carry me to the door, and I lift my fist to knock.

Before my knuckles can land on the surface, the door is whipped open. Harry stands there, a smirk on his face. "Afternoon, rookie."

"Hi, Harry." I reply.

He very obviously looks me up and down, craning his neck to take a look over my legs and feet. When he meets my eyes again, his grin gets even bigger. I feel a small tug at the bottom of my t shirt, "I like this on you. Chicago PD, makes you look like a bad a.ss."

I can't help the small chuckle that escapes my mouth, along with a pinch of redness tinting my cheeks. "You mean, it makes me look even more bad a.ss?" I joke, trying not to sound bashful.

Harry just furrows his brows, his fingers still attached to my shirt. With his close proximity, only poses one thing in my mind. The sentence 'I have a boyfriend', keeps flashing bright in my mind. This could be as completely innocent touch. It probably is a completely innocent touch! But my god d.amn  mind is wired to react weirdly to Harry. I hate it. 

He still looks at me confused, and I feel my cheeks to heat up. "You know, because I was a bad a.ss before..."

Now he laughs. But I don't feel accomplished like I thought I would after making him laugh, I just feel embarrassed. "You think you're a bad a.ss, hey?"

Nothing to lose now. "Yes."

He just looks down with a smile on his face. "I'll take you to the lockup," He pulls my name tag from my hand, and leads me out of the office.

Once we arrive in the hall, Harry starts to mumble over my job criteria again, and I only half listen. I was defiantly mad at him. Job received or not.

"You were well civilized yesterday." Harry notes, suddenly.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"I mean, you weren't pouting, or giving me the cold shoulder." He responds.

"Pouting or silent treatement isn't my thing," I tell him honestly, staring at my feet. " I am mad at you... But Louis was also there, and I didn't want him to have to kick your ass." I continue. Harry laughs a little at this.

"As if," He said, cockily. "Louis couldn't kick my ass." He laughed, but I wasn't in the mood for an amusing conversation. I saw right through Harry's cool demeanor. He may be a navy seal, and a cop now, but he was also a little boy once. A little boy whose mother was murdered in front of him. A little boy who watched his sister be locked up in an asylum. We were on different pages in this conversation. Harry's was humorous, and playful, where as mine was far from that. I was thinking seriously.