Spark

I know, I know, it's short. But the Best Buddies call-out was today, and I'm packed with homework, so I made do, and I got my point across.

Better than nothing, right? :)

***

"The agents have made their rooms theirs," the Doctor announced as he plopped down next to Jessie on their bed, the other woman with her head buried in her pillow. "Fizzy has all of the tech he wants, and Jemma got a lab attached to . . . hers . . . " He frowned and shook Jessie's shoulder. "Are you even awake?"

"Yes," Jessie mumbled, looking up. "Sorry, just feeling sluggish."

"You're not the only one," the Doctor huffed, shrugging his jacket off and tossing it to his side of the bedroom. "Feels like I've run a marathon!"

"Might just be what we've been through," Jessie suggested, crossing her legs at her ankles. "By the way, it's Fitz. You'll need to get that right if he's your companion."

"Why did I get Fitz?" the Doctor wondered curiously. "Why didn't you get both boys?"

"Because back in Scotland, Amy and Fitz were best friends, and Rory and Jemma have been friends forever," Jessie answered. "That's why."

"Hmph." The Doctor leaned against the headboard, pouting. "I get the Scots . . . why wasn't he ginger?"

"Not all Scots are ginger, Doctor," Jessie shook her head, then winced and rubbed the back of said head. "Ow."

"Headache?" the Doctor asked sympathetically.

"Yes."

"Ow."

"Healing coma usually heals it up just fine," Jessie made a shooing motion. "Besides, I know you want to get into that sciency stuff with FitzSimmons anyway. I'll just take a nap and be ready to go the next time you come in."

"Let me know if it gets worse," the Doctor warned, kissing the top of her head. "You've never gotten headaches since we established the blood bond."

"I have," Jessie pointed out. "And that's usually when you've nearly been killed."

He winced. "Point taken."

"Go," she pressed, making the shooing motion again. "But then I'm up again."

"Fine," the Doctor sighed, heading for the door, then mumbled, "Spoilsport."

"I heard that!"

***

And for all of you wondering what the hell the title references . . . 

Let's see how well you do in the next interludes. ;)

Anyway, "The Curse of the Black Spot" is being written now, and what can I say? The Doctor and Jessie are most definitely back!