The Bad Wolf's Savior

How many of you expected that title? ;)

Four companions trapped in a box plus the TARDIS trapped with the Time Lords equals a fun episode to write! Hope you enjoy!

***

" . . . and then we discovered it wasn't the Robot King after all, it was the real one," the Doctor was telling Rory and FitzSimmons a story as Jessie sat in one of the chairs, downing a water bottle. "Fortunately, I was able to reattach the head."

"Do you believe any of this stuff?" Rory asked Amy.

The ginger just sighed. "I was there."

Jessie frowned and stood up, heading to the console. "The warning lights are on."

"Oh, I'm getting rid of those," the Doctor sighed. "They never stop."

Rory walked over to Amy as the discussion turned to hushed whispers . . . and from the sound of it, Gallifreyan. "Hey," he nudged her. "You're still thinking about it, aren't you?"

"Oh, shush," Amy glared. "We saw her die!"

"Yeah," Rory nodded, looking over and biting his lip. "But remember, two hundred years in the future."

"Yes, but it's still going to happen!"

All conversations were cut off when there was a knocking sound . . . from the door. They all stared at it. "What was that?" Jemma finally asked, stunned.

"The door," the Doctor stared. "It knocked."

"Right," Rory looked at him. "We are in deep space."

"Very, very deep," the Doctor confirmed, walking over. "And somebody's knocking." He walked over to the doors and opened them slowly, and he grinned widely at the small, glowing box outside. "Oh, come here!" he cheered. "Come here, you scrumptious little beauty!"

The box flew in, hitting the Doctor in the chest and sending him spinning, before whizzing about, finally landing in Jessie's hands. "A box?" Fitz snorted incredulously.

"Doctor, what is it?" Amy asked.

"I believe we've got mail," Jessie answered, tilting the box over and over.

"Time Lord messaging system," the Doctor explained, jumping up to examine it with her. "In an emergency, we'd wrap up thoughts in psychic containers and send them through time and space. Anyway, there's a living Time Lord out there, and it's one of the good ones."

"You said there weren't any other Time Lords left," Jemma frowned. "The Master's gone."

"There are no Time Lords left anywhere in the universe," the Doctor agreed. "But the universe isn't where we're going. See that snake?" He held up the box, showing the snake swallowing its own tail. "The mark of the Corsair. Fantastic bloke. He had that snake as a tattoo in every regeneration. Didn't feel like himself unless he had the tattoo . . . or herself, a couple of times."

"Her?" Jessie scowled.

"Ooo, she was a bad girl," the Doctor grinned, feeling in a teasing mood.

"Oh, really, now?"

"Must be my type," he winked at her.

Things on the console started going off, complete with the TARDIS shaking them all. "Oh, what is happening?" Rory complained, holding on.

"We're leaving the universe," the Doctor answered.

"How can you leave the universe?" Amy's eyes widened.

"With extreme difficulty, and the threat of tearing a hole in it," Jessie answered, scrambling for levers.

"And right now, I'm burning up TARDIS rooms to give us some welly," the Doctor added. "Goodbye, swimming pool, goodbye, scullery . . . sayonara, squash court seven!"