The Almost People

Two Doctors = one of the best episodes ever with a great lesson to learn. :)

Oh, but . . . I will warn all now . . . you will need a bulletproof vest by the time we reach "A Good Man Goes To War."

Actually, a shielded bunker might be a better choice . . . O.O

So, how does Jessie react to the two Doctors? Will she know which is which? What do Fitz and Simmons think of him when they meet him? And perhaps most importantly, who in the TARDIS is a Ganger?

Here's "The Almost People!"

***

"Agh!" the Ganger Doctor shouted, gripping his head, his face going back and forth from Flesh to stabilized, stumbling about as the Doctor and Jessie hurried forward, the others still stunned by what they were seeing. "What's happening? I wonder if we'll get back . . . yes, one day! AGH! I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow . . . "

"The Flesh is struggling to cope with our past regenerations," the Doctor decided, going to help. "Hold on . . . "

The Ganger Doctor stood up straight, holding out his hand, and asked in the Fourth Doctor's voice, "Would you like a jelly baby?" He jerked away, going back to the Eleventh Doctor's voice. "Why?" he screamed. "Why? Why?"

"Why what?" the Doctor asked, not understanding.

The Ganger Doctor stood up, and for a moment, he sounded just like the Tenth Doctor. "Hello, I'm the Doctor!" Jessie blinked, taken aback, before he went back to the Eleventh Doctor's voice. "No, let it go! We've moved on!"

"Hold on, hold on," the Doctor grabbed his Ganger. "You can stabilize."

"I've reversed the jelly baby of the neutron flow . . . would you like a Doctor, Doctor . . . I'm, I'm the . . . I can't - !"

"No, listen, hold on," the Doctor urged. "Hold on!"

"No! AGH!"

Jessie looked back when the battering stopped, and Buzzer sighed. "I thin I liked it best when they were being noisy."

"Mmmhmm," Amy agreed, turning to them. "Doctor, we need you! Get over here!"

"Hello!" the Ganger waved.

"Doctor!" Amy insisted.

"He is the Doctor," Jessie told her.

"Cybermats," the Doctor told his Ganger.

"Do we have time for this?" he huffed.

"We make time. I'd like more proof that you're me. Cybermats?"

"Created by the Cybermen," the Ganger answered. "They kill by feeding off brainwaves."

"Are you sure there aren't any weapons they can get to, like big guns with bits on?" Amy asked the workers.

"Why would we have guns?" Jimmy asked. "We're a factory. We mine."

"And what do you mine?" Fitz asked, nodding at the door when they heard hissing. "Acid."

The Doctor and his Ganger stood side by side, and if Jessie couldn't see the difference in shoes and the Doctor's presence in her head through her headache, she wouldn't have been able to tell which was which. "Rory and Amy and FitzSimmons, they may not trust both of us," the Doctor warned.

The Ganger nodded. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Inevitably."

"I'm glad we're on the same - "