Let's Kill Hitler

WARNING: if you have not read "Fighting A New War," go do that before returning here. SEVERAL key components for this book started there, and the end of this chapter will not make sense if you haven't read it.

Boy, it's good to be back writing this book, and what better way to kick it off again with this whopper? ;)

Enjoy "Let's Kill Hitler!"

***

"OK, left," Amy read off of her map, helping Rory figure out where he was going. "Sharp turn!"

"Ow!" Fitz winced as he was slammed against Jemma in the back seat.

"OK, right," Amy continued.

"No, that's left!" Jemma shouted, looking over her shoulder.

"No, right, right," Amy shook her head. "I definitely meant right." Rory obeyed her. "Now, loop the loop!"

"You're nearly as bad as the Doctor!" Fitz groaned as Rory drove over stalks of corn.

"Stop!" Amy screeched. "Stop!"

Rory applied the brakes, and the car skidded to a stop in the middle of a crop circle. The TARDIS was sitting there waiting for them. The Doctor came out first, looking slightly worse for wear, holding up a newspaper. "Seriously?" he asked, showing they had spelled out DOCTOR in the corn field.

"Well, you never answer your phone!" Rory huffed.

"And not to mention all of the news footage showing you both in Sokovia!" Jemma folded her arms.

"Ah, yes, detour," the Doctor winced, scratching his head as Jessie came out, putting on her frock coat. "Sorry."

"At least we kept our promise," Jessie shook her head.

"OK, you've had all summer," Amy interrupted. "Have you found her? Have you found Melody?"

The Doctor looked at Rory. "Permission?"

"Granted," he nodded.

The Doctor gave the newspaper to Rory, then hugged Amy tightly. "You know who she grows up to be, so you know we will find her," he told her.

"But you haven't yet," Amy argued weakly.

"Did the news coverage happen to mention the Vision?" Jessie asked FitzSimmons.

"The who?" Fitz blinked.

"Android," Jessie smirked. "He's got JARVIS's voice."

"He has what?"

"Hang on," Rory interrupted them all. "What's this bit?"

They all looked over his shoulder, looking at the line drawn in the center of the design. "That wasn't us," Fitz frowned. "You're not that bad."

"Oi!"

A red Corvette suddenly plowed through the corn, heading right for them. Every single one of them screamed, diving out of the way. The Corvette skidded to a stop, just barely missing the TARDIS. A young woman with black hair in braids stepped out, wearing a pink and black patterned top, tights, boots, and leather sleeveless jacket, smirking at them. "You said he was funny, and she was quiet," she said, tilting her head and looking at the Time Lords as they gawked at her. "You never said they were hot."

"Mels!" Rory groaned.

"What are you doing here?" Amy demanded.

"Following you," the woman, Mels, answered in a duh voice. "What do you think."