Epilogue

We have a visitor or two, and I think the soundtrack works very well. ;)

***

River sat in her cell at Stormcage, finishing writing in the last few lines of her diary. As she wrote, she couldn't help but smile wistfully. The Byzantium had been a nightmare, trying to deal with Amy attempting to flirt with the Doctor. At least she got straight in the end.

But the reunion with the Doctor and the Bad Wolf after that, when the Bad Wolf revealed she had faked her death . . . that had been one of the best moments ever in her life. She finally had a sister, finally had someone who knew what it was like to be half one species, half another. And the Bad Wolf seemed to finally accept it, too.

River was about to close her diary when she frowned, seeing a gold ribbon sticking out of a back page. Frowning, she checked where the ribbon marked the page and flipped to the very back.

She gasped, eyes wide, staring at the gold writing on the back page.

Four thousand and twenty two people saved. No survivors.

River looked up and around her cell, dropping her diary to look out the bars. "Was someone here?" she demanded to the guard on duty. "Did someone come into my cell and find my diary?"

The guard frowned. "Just me, Song. No one else."

River swallowed and went back, picking up her diary. She gasped and pitched it forward, seeing a new line had written itself.

Love from the Game Station, 200,100

***

From the shadows of the cell block, a young woman with dark hair and liquid gold eyes tilted her head, watching River panic and try to figure out the message. She shook her head and turned to walk into the wall, but before she did, she stopped short. "Fixed points in time cannot be rewritten," she said in a monotone. "Everyone knows that."

"I should know," a hard voice answered.

The First Bad Wolf turned her head for a single second. Liquid gold eyes caught eyes so dark they were nearly black, and she shook her head sadly before walking through the wall, leaving behind a glittering gold message. The woman remaining took a long look at River before turning on her heel and walking off, her black boots thudding on the ground.

Come morning, everyone in Stormcage would be wondering just what the message Mala Lupa meant.

***

Who saw that coming?

To be continued in "Screeching To A Halt!" It will be up soon, so everyone keep an eye out!

Tell me what you liked, tell me what you hated. Every last critique can only help me in the long run. Until Book 8!

 ~ WB039