Chapter 9

Jordan and I spent our time playing Nintendo games, cuddling, and eating. Our usual day. At 12:00, Jordan turns everything off.

"HEY! I was so going to win that!" I complain.

"Do you want to see Falling In Reverse, or what?"

"YES!"

"Then get up," he says, grabbing my hands and pulling me up. I stand up and run upstairs with him close behind me. When I get to my room, I brush my hair, putting my bangs in front of my face. When my hair is done, I run to where I keep my bracelets. I put on all my rubber bracelets and my special infinity one I got from Jordan. He sees I have it on. "Is that the one I got you?"

"Yeah,"

"Let me see," he says. He grabs my hand and looks at it on my wrist. He smiles and let's a few tears stream down his face. He quickly wipes them away.

"Why are you crying?"

"You still have it,"

"Why would I not? You mean the world to me,"

"That's why I'm crying," he says. I smile and hug him. When he releases from the hug, he is calmed down.

"Okay. Well, I am going to go straighten my hair with the world's worst hair straightener!" I say, beginning to walk downstairs. I notice Jordan is following me.

"Can I use it too?"

"Of course. Here, why don't you use it while I put on my makeup, then I'll use it. Okay?" I suggest. He nods and heads to the bathroom while I head to the makeup room. It used to be my mom's office until she put her computer downstairs. She now plays her cello in the makeup room. I sit down and begin my makeup.

I just finished blending my eyeshadow when Jordan comes up behind, his hair is made and he brushed his teeth. I can smell the mint radiating. I smile and look at him through the mirror.

"Did I ever ask you why you wear makeup?"

"No..."

"Why do you wear makeup?"

"Because I want to enhance my face? Because I'm ugly? Yeah, that's it. I'm ugly!"

"Misery,"

"Yeah?"

"Stand up," he says softly.

"What?"

"I said STAND UP!" He yells. I flinch. He has never, ever, raised his voice at me. I quickly stand up. He sees the fear in my eyes.

"Misery..." He says quietly, apologetically. He pulls me into a hug. "I'm sorry I yelled at you," he says releasing the hug, but keeping his hands on my shoulders.

"It's fine..." I say, it is but I'm still shaken up about it.

"It's not fine. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I just got upset that you believe that you're ugly. You're the worlds most beautiful person I ever met. You're amazing and perfect. You're gorgeous and you shouldn't need makeup to believe you are,"

"No one ever said that to me,"

"I know. They should," I smile and hug him.

"I can kiss you right now," I say in my head. I wish I could say it out loud.

"Then why don't you?" What did he say? I couldn't understand him over the sound of my heart rapidly beating in my chest.

"What?"

"I didn't say anything," I nod and smile. He smiles and hugs me. "You are beautiful, don't forget!" He says. When we pull apart from the hug, I finish putting on my makeup and straighten my hair. We then begin our walk to the venue.